GT40s at the Nurburg Ring - DVD

Hi all -

For those that remember, the club made a trip to the Nurburg Ring back in about 94 - anyway, Phil Stone, who produced a great video to record the trip, has kindly made it available for distibution by the club.

It will be available on DVD in both PAL and NTSC (NTSC version will be sent for US testing this week - on its way Brian!)

I have stuck a trailer together to give you an idea of whats on the DVD - If interested in a copy, email me at: [email protected]

and the trailer can be downloaded HERE...

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 46143-GTD40satNurburgRing.JPG
    46143-GTD40satNurburgRing.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 515
To those that ordered DVDs to be posted - they will be going out tomorrow. To those that collected today at the Christmas dinner - enjoy!

In addition - I've posted another NTSC variant across the pond (Brian...) for another round of compatibility testing.

Attachments

• 48594-ClubDVDs.JPG
    48594-ClubDVDs.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 424
A Long time ago I know - But the NTSC version of the Club's trip to the Nurburg Ring is now available having been tested by Brian McCarthy in the USA.

(Post managed to destroy one set and lose another - /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif)

I'll post the pricing later today as I cannot remember what it is, but if anyone is interested - let me know... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(NB - ALL proceeds go to Club Funds and DVD has been professionally edited by former GTD owner and film editor - Phil Stone - Thanks again Phil)

Perhaps Brian will post his opinion (GOOD or BAD!!) for others to view? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PAL or NTSC Price is £14.95 for DVD + P&P (£2.50UK / £4.50 overseas)

Fred - What a good idea.... - can I suggest you make a new posting in a global section (all welcome) for people to say whether they were interested - I am /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
I've got some footage from these outings and they are fantastic, well worth the cash. If folks would like some good GT40 driving footage there is plenty here to go around!

Ron

D

DavidTC

Paul
on the Nut question forum I posed the question as to the fastest lap of the Nordschlefe by a GT40. Maybe you have the answer ?. The DVD looks to have great posing power BUT where's the BEEF ?.
Regards
David

[ QUOTE ]
Paul
on the Nut question forum I posed the question as to the fastest lap of the Nordschlefe by a GT40. Maybe you have the answer ?. The DVD looks to have great posing power BUT where's the BEEF ?.
Regards
David

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello again -
Does this mean you think I'm an 'anorak'? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif

The video produced by Phil was a great record of a great road trip. Some did'nt even venture onto the track but a great time was still had by all.

Re 'BEEF' I presume you think we were all driving too slow.. well we were! We aimed to get to 10mins and I think we (read Malc) probably achieved that, or very near, but you could not record a flying lap as such and Malc got faster as I read pace notes I'd made during our first lap. Certainly for much of the trailer clip we were 'crusing' driving to the videographers directions..

We would also certainly have been faster had the Sony Playstation/GT4 been available beforehand as it helped a lot with circuit familiarisation when we had two days on track at SPA.

If Frank Catt does'nt mind being referred to as an anorak, I'm sure he may be able to recall the times that Robin / Brian Redman or Mike Wilds achieved in Robin's GTD40...

Attachments

• 74832-SPAPeril.JPG
    74832-SPAPeril.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 363
D

DavidTC

Paul
Sounds good to me I suppose some of us are in the category of buying DVD's to find out where to improve our performance at the ring, the customer base for people who want to just look at the cars in an historic setting is somewhat different. One groups is no better than the other but as a knowledgeable type on GT40's and obviously being a ring afficianado I thought you might know of someone who has the answer to the question I posed.
The impressive list of pilots you mention must surely have posted some pretty impressive times. WE know how fast a Porsche GT3 goes around the ring; it would be nice to know how competitive a well constructed GT40 is.
Regards
David

Back