Weber Carbs

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Having recently changed my Weber carbs for a Holley, I have now decided to sell the former:-
Set of 44 idf Weber carbs, including manifold (Ford 302), linkage & fuel pipes (though some needs replacing). In need of general overhaul.

Offers please by PM or preferably to my email address on my profile. Will deliver local (30 miles), otherwise buyer will have to collect or pay P&P.

Cheers,

Max

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I've had a lot of interest in these, but no one making an offer. I don't know what I should be asking for them, I want to get a decent price as I need to recoup the costs of changing them, but don't want to rip anybody off.

Anyone with a sensible idea of what they could be worth? I see Tornado sell a new set for £2170+VAT (=£2555).

Cheers,

Max

I recently bought two 44IDF brand new for $575. VW guys use them on their built motors. They typically come without chokes, with velocity stacks, a K&N filter system and a dual linkage setup for that motor.

www.cbperformance.com moves a lot of them in this kit fashion.

Mike

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ok, several people have asked me for pictures, so here they are. Thought I'd put them here rather than post everyone individually. As can be seen they're far from polished, but there's still a lot of metalwork there.

Attachments

• 46940-CarbsInstalled.jpg
    46940-CarbsInstalled.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 402
Max It looks like number 4 was running a bit rich. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Regards
Ian

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Max,

It's you alter-ego twin here!

My question to you is: when running the webers did you have air cleaners over the velocity stacks? If not, did you get any gasoline spray onto your rear window running them open like I do?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Tim,
I run my IDA48's with no filter and yes I do get some splash on the rear window, more so on the two rear carburettors which are nearest the glass. The engine and transmission are to be lowered this winter when the refit of the brakes and suspension is carried out which may, just, change that.
Dave M
Dave M

Tim i hope Max does'nt mind me chipping in,i owned the car for 10 years previous to Max and yes i did have the same problem the two rear carbs just like David

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks guys,

Funny thing is, when the air cleaners are on the underside of the lid covering the velocity stacks only has a small bit of residue, nothing like what gets on the window when air cleaners are off. Must have something to do with the circulating air in and around the engine.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I went down the workshop this afternoon and decided to investigate exactly where the splash marks (on the underside of the rear glass) emanates from. The two rearmost inlets were the culprits but only while the engine was warming up and only on sudden and large throttle demands. Once the engine was warm enough and responsive enough to the throttle demands the problem disappeared. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Dave M

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Yeah, it appears to hit my window more so at the rear because it's so close to the velocity stacks. Also, it seems to spray more when the loud pedal is depressed quickly and wide open.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, it seems to spray more when the loud pedal is depressed quickly and wide open.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there really any other way to depress the loud pedal? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back