rear light connector

I would like to replace the electrical connector for my rear lights between my car and the rear cannopy.I have actually a classical trailer/car connector.
Anyone has some other option/proposal?

Tx
Fred

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Triad Plug and socket - not cheap but extremely good under any conditions. Pins and sockets need a dedicated crimping tool as well. Available in the UK from Radio Spares (RS Components on line)
Dave M

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Fred,

I used a hooded 4 wire connector that are basically trailer connectors. They also come in 2, 3 and 6 wire types. The difference is that the whole male end has a die cast hood around it which is accepted by the female side and seals the connections. A little dielectric grease helps assure the seal is water and dust proof.

I just wish the idiot at the paint shop had removed the panels from the wheel wells, pulled the plugs out and disconnected them when they took the rear clip off. Instead he just cut both bundles (either side of the car) with a pair of dykes. Well and Truly a real wanker!

Regards,
Lynn

Hi Fred

I use the AMP Multipole sytle connectors - you need the correct crimp wrench (not cheap) but gives a great result.

This is how Roys GTD has all its engine electronics (sensors/injectors) etc connected - one twist and you disconnect all the engine wiring, without having to remove all wiring from the various parts.

Follow THIS LINK for some suitable examples...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

'Instead he just cut both bundles (either side of the car) with a pair of dykes'
So, how does that work ?
:)

Back