Another scam

When will the endless barrage of scam e-mails ever end? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I just received yet another one, this time from the UK.

It is supposedly from William Hill (UK sports bookmaker),

which claims that I am a lottery winner! Lucky me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I wonder whether the REAL William Hill is giving odds on

the number of suckers that fall for this one!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sadly, my guess is more than a few! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Is this sort of thing considered a crime in the UK yet?

IMO, it should be a hanging offense! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

At least this one didn't contain a virus!

Bill

Keith

Crime in the UK - yes, but it may not have originated in the UK. Usually AFS (advanced fee scams such as 419 scams etc) originate, it seems, mostly in Nigeria, Holland and quite prolifically (for UK residents) Canada. They have lifted many millions from UK citizens who seem very susceptible to these scams despite much publicity. There is a Police Web hit squad here who monitor 24/7 & instantly shut down any UK site originating shite like this. Having said that, they could have missed one. If you want to know more about these scams, a good place to start are the "scam the scammers" sites. They are hilarious and great entertainment. Like this one.. Scambuster Send them details of the email you have received and they will take them on!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bill you should have a security setup like this.
It really works and keeps the rif raf away from your
computer.
I use it and it works great.
It's worth a look.
You would be surprised at how many people have put junk in
your computer files. You can try it for free.
http://us.mcafee.com/default.asp?affid=0-36

Be sure you know who's software you are using because there are software programs out there that say they can get rid
of spam and viruses but are actually trojans and viruses.
It a big problem for individuals and companies.
Steve

Back