GT40 for sale, Ebay UK

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
This car has been for sale before and if I remember correctly it is an original KVA trailing style arm chassis......

Keith

Let's see now. Hmmmmm. Reading the ad carefully, it's got a 351 Cleavage engine with a Posh Audi gearbox and it's pure Museli, + it's as close as you can get to the real thing for under 20 quid. As a bonus it's got overhead exhausts and a live rug rat hood emblem. No mate, there's absolutely no chance of any confusion with a GTD. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

If you go to the AutoContinental website, the car is listed under Sports Cars as 'built in Johannesberg by South Africa's leading replica builders'. And 'chassis is heavy rectangular steel'. Odd.
Also, there are no pics of the engine compartment, except that the small part of one that is available seems to contain an odd-shaped plastic thing.
Look at that hanbrake lever, that must be a giveaway.
Anyway, on the site the price is reduced from £38.5K to £32.95K.
Hmm; caveat emptor.

Doesn't look like a C-Type chassis to me, notice the lack of trailing arms inthe engine bay. Maybe a K chassis with the cortina frame?

Brett

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Looking at some pictures that I found from a year or two ago from the enthusiast page...
It is the original style chassis with Cortina front end and the trailing arms much like a VW not the radius rod C type/GTD style chassis
Certianly not to be confused with a GTD....

The owner emailed me, saying it was made by

"South Africe Kit Cars Johanesburg"

Can't say I've ever heard of them as a manufacturer of GT40's?

Keith

It looks as if it was made in a breakers yard in Hounslow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Back