$250,000 Cobra Kitcar Project Car For Sale Cheap

My former mechanic has been charged with selling the Contemporary Corbra that he built and developed for a customer.

The owner spent over $250,000 on the car. The car has a "fresh" all aluminum 427 engine that's been bored and stroked to 459 and has a 12:1 compression ratio. The suspension comes from an E-type Jag. It has 13", four pot vented disk brakes in front. The car is yellow with a black stripe. It won three titles from Kit Car magazine shootouts (two years in a row it won the auto-cross competition, and once it won overall).

Unfortunately for the owner, his wife has ordered him to stop putting money into the car, so he's been forced to get rid of it.

The problem with the car is that it was in the middle of being coverted from a street car to a full race car for SCCA events after it hit a wall. The frame has been straightened ("better than when new") and it has a new tilt nose. It has a full roll cage that was in the process of being contructed. The fiberglass bulkheads and toe box have been removed so they can be replaced with metal (SCCA rule).

He might be willing to split up the car and sell it as parts (the engine might be nice in the back of a Mk II GT40).

For more information, you can call the mechanic, Ed Haig, at (617) 254-9568, in Allston, Mass. Ed does great work and is very meticulous.

[This is typed from memory, so any and all errors are mine]

Keith

[ QUOTE ]
The fiberglass bulkheads and toe box have been removed so they can be replaced with metal (SCCA rule).

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? They have this as a standard road car package? Are all Cobra kits like this? Isn't this kind of, er, dangerous? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
I think a lot of Cobras are like this. And, some GT40s has a fiberglass tub insert I think as well, didn't the NZ car or Tornado have something like this? I can't remember but one 40 defintiely did as normal procedure.

Back