Ford GT sited

Howard Jones

Supporter
I stopped and had a look at a new GT in the showroom of Hayward Ford, Calif. As I drove by this morning at 5:30 I saw that shape thru the front window of the showroom. Can't mistake that shape. It's a white one with blue stripes.

I talked to the salesman for a few mins and he told me it was sold on the first day. 1st buyer offered $100,000 over msrp, 2nd guy said he would go $150,000 over but needed a day or two to get the money liquid, 3rd guy wrote a check on the spot for $300,000.

I was struck by how much bigger they are than my GTD. The inside looks like it is the same size as the front seat of a new mustang. Also the fit wasn't very good. Shut lines are were off by quite a bit. The mustang next to it looked like a lexus compaired to it.

All in all a very cool car but IMHO very overpriced at 300K. They will surely come down to near the msrp as supply comes along.

I couldn't help to think what I could build with 300K. Two cars at least.

For $300k you could build the GT40 replica of your dreams, ship it over to the UK and spend a summer racing it with our English comrades, come back to the US and buy a brand new Ford GT for MSRP.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Youre right mark. The sad thing is I just know the guy who would spent 300K on of these isn't a GT40 guy. Just some guy with a lot of money who has to have the latest toy. He'll more than likely wreck it anyway.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Here's a couple of pictures

Attachments

• 48385-HPIM0026.jpg
    48385-HPIM0026.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 269
Back