V8 Supercar Chamionship ends

Well another season of the V8 Supercar championship ends here in Australia and we go back to wondering what to watch on the box through the holiday period. There’s always that game of cricket I suppose, but I find it most useful when I’m suffering insomnia, and then there is that Sydney to Hobart yacht race.

Well at least the Ford fans can live through these days with a satisfied smirk knowing that Marcus Ambrose won the championship in a Ford, two years running. And almost as satisfying was the second place to his team mate Russell Ingal, when he managed to do a Steven Bradbury in the final round.

So now I’ll get to the politics. The last time that a Ford managed to dominate this category for a few consecutive years (Glen Seton… now that WAS a long time ago), the organizers quickly nobbled them by giving the Holdens an unreasonable technical advantage (some of which they still have). What’s say that we will see yet another technical advantage handed to the Holdens next year? It would certainly help the TV ratings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
[quote

Well at least the Ford fans can live through these days with a satisfied smirk knowing that Marcus Ambrose won the championship in a Ford, two years running. And almost as satisfying was the second place to his team mate Russell Ingal, when he managed to do a Steven Bradbury in the final round.

the organizers quickly nobbled them by giving the Holdens an unreasonable technical advantage (some of which they still have). What’s say that we will see yet another technical advantage handed to the Holdens next year? It would certainly help the TV ratings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris, I reckon you will be right on the money. The $$$ God T.V. ratings will ensure that Ford are brought back to the field next year.
Speaking of cricket, last night I had a Kiwi friend over for
Christmas drinks. Thinking we would watch the Aussies kick the Kiwis in the butt.I even had a friendly $20. bet with him on the outcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Result for the evening: Kiwi "mate" drinks all my grog, Kiwis flog Australia and "mate" gets my $20. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Bloody Kiwi's are unbearable when they win. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete,
Never bet on a sporting event against a Kiwi. That's a sure way to guarantee a win for them. Kinda like washing your car guarantees that it will rain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, and in case your wondering. The rains that broke the drought? That was my fault. I've been washing the GT40 every weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back