Help identify

I just bought the GT40 that was recently on ebay. They can't identify the manufacturer. Did anyone see it. I am in Honolulu and the car is in Pittsburgh and will not see it till it arrives.Item #4509044860

Thank you. I can't find anything under search here but a Yahoo search found one on this site that didn't give a good review of it. Are there any more discussions here or elsewhere that anyone knows about. Have found the T-3 site and have emailed Randy.

Hoj

Randy Treadwell did indeed build this one, prior to his selling the molds/tooling to Melson. I purchased a kit from Randy, and my body panels did not have good fit/finish,
requiring a huge amount of time to achieve acceptability.
Since you are buying the car done, you avoided that issue.

The other major issue is that whoever did the molds
(L.A. Exotics was the original Manufacturer), didn't
use a decent GT40 body to copy. I have a feeling they
modified a VW based body mold, which resulted
in a body which when compared to a better copy, shows poorly. However if the price was right, and you're not
a stickler for an authentic looking body, I can't think
of any reason why you wouldn't enjoy the car.
Regards

MikeD

I actually have the prototype for these cars sitting in my garage and I am in the process of rebuilding it. I am sure there were some refinements made to any cars that were completed for sale. If any one has some detail pictures I would sure appreciate it. Thanks Rich

Back