Tornado Tyre sizes

I have been looking for a tyre combinations to put on my as yet to be completed Tornado and I have been offered a pair of Goodyear Eagle 335 / 35 / R17" at a very good price and I was wondering if they would fit, I do not have the gulf style arches & I have not bought my wheels yet But I will be having 17" that is for sure, if these tyres fit I was looking at putting either 235 / 45 / R17" or 225 / 45 / R17" on the front’s.

I would be great full if anyone could give me any more suggestion as to a good tyre combination and tyre sizes that will fit on a Tornado.

Chris.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Chris,

My Tornado has 275\50-15 Rr and 245\50-15 Frt on 10" & 8.5" wheels. Due to the knock off pin adapter and the offset on my Hailbrands (not sure what that measures), the outermost part of the tire, both front and rear, are right at the body. My car sits a slight bit lower than most therefore the rear tires have made contact with the fiberglass on the rear clip (non-gulf flares). In addition, the rear tires only measure 25.75" diameter. Hope this helps.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Bill,

I haven't done a measurement for 295 but I would guess there would not be problem at all.

I believe I read here on the forum that the gulf flares clear an additonal 1 1\2" on each side.

I have Gulf flares on mine (GTD).I have 13X17 in the rear (P335X35X17) and 8X17 in front. I recommend them for the "bling factor", but if you are racing they are too much load on your bearings. I use P305X50X15 on my cobra, and I know 305s clear my GTs rear so 295 should be OK. IMO, 295 and 305 look too skinny for the gulf flares unless the offset make them come all the way out!

One more thing, even with a 13" wide rear, I can add another 1" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Back