Famous Quips and Comments

FAMOUS QUIPS AND COMMENTS! He,He,He!

Gordon Murray was asked if he saw the F1 as McLaren's answer to the Ferrari F40.

'Hmmmmm.....I don't think that we have anyone at McLaren who can weld that badly.'

The famous Italian driver, Tazio Nuvolari was asked if he wasn't scared of dying in a racing car.

He answered the question with a question.

'So, how do you hope to die?'

'Hopefully in my bed in my sleep.'

'Well, aren't you scared of going to bed at night?'

'Eddie Jordan has his finger on the pulse of everything. If there's a tank driver in Zaire looking for a drive, Eddie will know about him.'

'What we are doing must be confusing the other teams. I know, because it's confusing me.' - Eddie Jordan

'There are no supermen. Everyone puts his pants on one leg at a time.' - Rick Mears

'Ferrari has shown an Italy that's not just spaghetti and music.' - Enzo Ferrari

'Winning is everything. When you come second only your wife and dog will remember.'
- Damon Hill

'The secret of a successful marriage is not to be at home too much.' - Colin Chapman

'I got love letter from all over the world....well, more like technical reports on his car.'- One of James Hunt's ex-girlfriends

'When I was 13, I came third in the South of England Scalextric Championship.'
- Johnny Herbert

'Some of these guys think their mirrors are just for shaving.' - Jody Scheckter

'Who do your think you are? Nigel Mansell?' - British policeman to Ayrton Senna in a speed trap

'Brakes only slow you up.' - Tazio Nuvolari

'He should have been encouraging me to fight for life, not giving me a helping hand into death.' - Niki Lauda on the priest who administered the Last Rites after his 1976 Nurburgring crash.

'The brain scan was normal, but I said it was wrong.' - Nigel Mansell after an IndyCar crash.

'Mansell is quick, a bit like James Hunt - frustrated Spitfire pilot.'
- Williams mechanic

'I don't understand how 26 of the world's finest drivers can become a bunch of hooligans at the first bend.' - John Watson

'Driving for Ferrari is like driving for the Pope.'- Nigel Mansell

'When I saw that he was going to punch me I thought, OK, here's a few quid coming my way.' - Eddie Irvine on Ayrton Senna

'Brilliant in the car, but a pain in the arse out of it.' - Frank Williams on Nigel Mansell

'The straight is only a road connecting the corners.' - Stirling Moss

'Racing is 99% boredom and 1% terror.' - Geoff Brabham

'Motor racing is like an egg and spoon race while white water rafting.' - Graham Hill

'I didn't call Nigel a blockhead, but I did say he was stupid.' - Nelson Piquet

'I carry on because motor racing is a disease.' - Jackie Stewart.

He,he,he. Enjoy
Andre 40

Some time ago my father and I were driving to a near by restuarant when we were cut off and about wrecked by a Woman driving a rather large SUV as she was applying her makeup and talking on the cell phone. My fathers statement has stuck with me to this day. Why are there more Horses asses than there are Horses? How right he is.

Vic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
FAMOUS QUIPS AND COMMENTS! He,He,He!

Gordon Murray was asked if he saw the F1 as McLaren's answer to the Ferrari F40.

'Hmmmmm.....I don't think that we have anyone at McLaren who can weld that badly.'

[/ QUOTE ]
One of the people who worked on the restoration of 1017 said one of the hardest problems doing the welding was making it look messy. Modern welding equipment makes nice neat welds.

Back