Hello, everyone.

I just though I'd introduce myself here. I'm a 27-year-old chemist from New Orleans, LA. My dad and I have restored several vintage Mustangs over the years (including the one listed below). I've always wanted a GT-40 since I can remember. Given the cost of a kit for one of these, I've decided to split the ownership with my father (which is fine since we usually share our toys anyhow.)

I've finally decided to take the plunge and sell my baby to fund a RF GT-40 project. I've had this car since I was 14, and this is its second (albeit MUCH more thorough) restoration. I love my car and am strongly attached to it. The ONLY car I would rather have is a GT-40.

I look forward to learning from you guys about your kit buildups for when I finally start my project.

As far as my car (http://gt350.ogsth.com/Mustang and http://gt350.ogsth.com) is concerned, I'm planning on asking ~$32,000. If any of you know anyone interested in such a vehicle, please let me know.

This car has undergone a complete rotisserie restoration and EVERYTHING has been replaced, save the transmission internals (which are in fine working order). A list of modifications / options follows:

Engine

294 cubic inch V-8 (original 289 block bored 0.030” over)

New Edelbrock Performer RPM Aluminum Cylinder Heads (60cc combustion chamber, 1.90" Intake Valves and 1.60" Exhaust Valves)

New Edelbrock Performer RPM Aluminum Intake Manifold

New Phenolic resin carburetor spacer

New Holley 600 CFM Double Pumper Carburetor

New Summit Racing Roller Rockers (1.6 ratio)

New Ford SVO Racing Pushrods

Iskenderian 280 High Performance Camshaft (Valve Lift - INT: .467 EXT: .467 Valve Lash Hot - INT: .000 EXT: .000 ADV Duration - INT: 280° EXT: 280° .050 Duration - INT: 224° EXT: 224° Lobe Center: 108°)

New Canton Racing Products Road Race Oil Pan

New Edelbrock Aluminum High Volume Water Pump

New Northern Aluminum Radiator with 1” downtubes

Side exit exhaust with H-pipe and Dynomax Race Bullet Mufflers

Frame Reinforcement (completed with MIG welder except where noted)

All new floors welded in from trunk to front torque boxes

Shelby-style torque boxes added to front frame rail / unibody area

Tubular subframe connectors

4-point Shelby R-Model roll bar

Export brace cowl reinforcement

Export brace (bolt in)

Monte Carlo bar

Driveline

New Zoom clutch and pressure plate

Ford toploader 4-speed with new seals

Original driveshaft with new universal joints

New Currie enterprises posi-traction 4-spider TSD 8” rear end – rated for 500 HP – 3.00 ratio

New seals and bearings in rear end

Front Suspension / Brakes

New upper control arms lowered 1” and back 1/8” according to Shelby American template

New lower control arms with polyurethane bushings

New 620 pound springs

New KYB Gas-a-just shock absorbers

New 1-1/8” anti-sway bar with polyurethane bushings

New Stainless Steel Brakes 4-piston calipers and rotors

New drag link

New polyurethane strut rod bushings

New inner and outer tie rod ends

New quick steer kit with idler arm ball bearing kit

Power steering gearbox (VERY good condition)

Rear Suspension / Brakes

New 5 leaf rear springs

New KYB Gas-a-just shock absorbers

New Stainless Steel Brakes rear disc brake conversion

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

-Michael

Ron Earp

Admin
Yep, and as such we'll move it off topic. We do allow people to advertise cars for sale, in the proper section and that section is only open to forum supporters. I'll let this one rest here in off topic.

Sorry about that. Thanks for moving it and not deleting it. Ron, who is my best contact for buying a RF rolling chassis?

Ron Earp

Admin
You'd want to talk to Hershal, Hershal Byrd whom you will find searching the forum. He'd be happy to help you out, no doubt. Ron

Back