There really is a SANTA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
YES everyone, there really is a SANTA !!!!!!!!!! On Monday, 12-20-04 while I was day dreaming of the parts for my Lola T70 that I had asked Santa for, my gift came knocking at my door. I was SHOCKED. When I went and answered the door my daughter was standing there. She hadn't told us she was getting a leave from the Army for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had thought she was on her way to Iraq. She will be home for 7 days, and leave for Iraq on the 28th of December instead. Her tour in Iraq is slated for a minimum of 18 months. So long story short, I got the best Christmas present ever. The Lola parts can wait. I just want this present that I have now !!
Merry Christmas everyone !!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Regards Brian

Brian,

Great news, have a safe and peaceful Christmas, lets hope your daughters tour is a lot shorter and all the service personel come home safe and sound, and as soon as possible.

Simon

Hi all

well, I just got an e mail from my son Richard, he said that he had seen our PM today in the green zone in Baghdad, and that he was pleased with the christmas parcel that I had sent him.
I felt very happy to have had this message and will be thinking of him over the holiday period.

Them I turned on the news and herd that 22 American troops had just been killed from a rocket attack as they sat down to eat, my deepest sympathy goes to their families for their tragic loss

Chris.

Hi Fred
our kids are only young once, we need to make every minute we are with them count.
Hope you and yours have a very happy Christmas.

regards

Chris. <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> </pre><hr /> <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> </pre><hr />

Chris,
All the best to you and your sons for Christmas. Having had the privelege of visiting your house I know how proud you are of them. Wish them all the best and keeping them safe.

Brett

Brian and Chris,

Here's wishing you and your families a Merry Christmas and a safe, prosperous and healthy new year. Please tell your kids that I, along with hundreds of millions of others, am grateful to them for the military service that they have chosen to give. I am sure you are extremely proud of them, and that you can't help but worry for their safety. My hopes and prayers are with you.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Chris, Brian,
I would like to be associated with Marks eloquent words and though we have nobody related in these current theatres, we share your worries and concerns as though they were part of our family as well.
Regards and Christmas wishes,
David and Vivien Morton.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thank You everyone. Chris, we have added your son, to our prayer list also. Praying for ALL troops to be home safely soon.
Thanks again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regards Brian

Hi everyone,

War, fighting, killing. There is much that's beautiful and great in this world that we all pass through so quickly and yet human beings have to lower themsleves to mindless violence. If humans had learnt how to behave a long time ago Brian's and Chris's kids would no doubt be meaningfully employed in the commercial sector or enjoying some other activity. I sincerely hope your kids will return long before 18 months have passed.

When I walk the dogs on the open space in our condo complex I regularly bump into my neighbour, Chris Bennet, with his troop of vertically challenged woofers (an expression I got from my buddy Roger Holliday in Bowling Green the the other day and which got my wife falling about laughing!).

Chris, formerly an Admiral, who headed up the South African Navy, gave me an interesting statistic. He said that in 8000 years there have only been 30 days of peace in the world and then with a wry grin he said that the historians were probably on vacation! Sad isn't it!

Have a great Christmas, anyway. I have a feeling that 2005 is going to be a good one. There are positive signs around.

Andre 40

Back