What I gat for Christmas

O. K. everybody, what did Santa bring you. for me, I got some parts for my new Dodge truck. Some bed rails and a lock pin for the trailer hitch. The best one was the big book of "Concept Cars from the 1930s to the present" by Larry Edsall. He talks about and has pics of the first concept cars(1938 Buick Y-job), all the way up to the Ford GT. There are some really beautiful cars like the Chrysler single seat Raptor, Alfas, BMWs and Peugeots. It covers all the Italian influences(Leonardo Fioravanti, and Giorgetto Giugiaro) as well as Harley Earls contribution(s) in creating the concept car. The book also goes into cars of the future, like a design for trafic problems in Los Angeles. A super-light auto-cycle, powered by a hydrogen engine and guided by an automatic navigation system.
What did Santa bring you????
Bill

Ron Earp

Admin
Well, I got a fire suit, some nomex underwear and socks, helmet, gloves, racing booties, arm restraints, and a air matress for sleeping in the back of the truck at the track.

My sister told me the matress was so I'd have something to sleep on when I get kicked out of the house for fooling with too much car stuff, but, that is her opinion.

My wife gave me a Moto Lita steering wheel (15"). It is beautiful, with the correct blue leather rim. Now if I can only build a car before the leather dries up, cracks, and falls off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

My wife said "you got yours already last July" (when I acquired my RF kit),,,oh well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Re: What I got for Christmas

A really nice overnight bag, 3 DVDs 2 CD (one is Brian Wilson's "Smile"), a superb book called Motor Racing - the Golden Age by John Tennant, A Canon 20d camera, a superb Hackett shirt, a model of a 999 Duke, but no blow job. Still there is New Year to come yet.............

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter

Ron,
I think your wife is telling you to get a job as a fireman or else your sleeping with the dogs, using the arm restraint to keep you there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Adam,
I used to say “nothing like building a mansion around a door knob”, now it’s “nothing like building a GT40 around a Moto Lita” /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dan,
Nothing like an early Xmas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

David,
I got the blowjob and no gifts. Gee, wanna trade /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

Tim,
I'll keep the Smile album though !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Dave

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I got a fire suit, some nomex underwear and socks, [...]

[/ QUOTE ]
It sounds like just what you need for moderating gt40s.com. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A Scalertxtrix set with a MKI and a MKII /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Also got the new Duke video as well. oh and some other stuff that will see eBay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Brett

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I got an email from Safir suggesting that my car might be ready to come here to Maryland, with body, suspension and steering in, in March. Which was a pretty good Xmas present.

David Mortin, What's a blow job? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
PS: Since I got my CAV I'll never get any gift including sex for the rest of my life. Unless of coarse I buy it for my self. Joseph

Buy it, marry it, or just pay for a movie and a happy meal. It always costs you something. Nothing in this world is free Well maybe that itch afterwards.

Well, having had experience with gifts from others in the past I decided to take matters into my own hands. I am building a 1000 sg ft workshop behind my garage. It will have everything1 A lathe, sheet metal shear and a brake, blast cabinet, steel work benches, 50 foot hose reels, 4 post lift, all finished inside with about 16 recessed florescent lights, it is like a surgery center! My welders and other assorted implements of destruction should be right at home there, I was looking for completion by New Years Eve but the rain is holding up the stucco color coat and the tile floor. After years of waiting for the right gift is was time to take charge!

Sweet.

Scott

Attachments

• 49423-pillows_2_med-large.jpg
    49423-pillows_2_med-large.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 244

Keith

"Goodwood Festival of Speed - A Celebration of Motorsport"
ISBN 0 00 718235 X

Fantastic photos and details for any Classic Car nut. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
And... a sexy santa outfit including a handmade furry thong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
David -

Good advice!

"Well, having had experience with gifts from others in the past I decided to take matters into my own hands."

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter

Just Arrived
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 49431-car1a.jpg
    49431-car1a.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 256
Back