Private message reply

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Can someone enlighten me on how to review\retrieve 'replys' that I have written in response to private messages I have recieved.

My 'sent private messages' is zero.

I can reply to any of my 'recieved private messages' and the letter 'R' appears next to each private message which I assume means I 'replied' but where do they get saved once sent?

Tim, sorry can't help either. I've noticed this as well.

"R" next message does mean you have replied though.

Interesting that it keeps all Sent Items that are not replies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Well I just had a play.

When you actually reply you get a "I want to keep a copy of this message" checkbox that is by default unchecked. If you remember to check this box it will save a copy of your reply in your Sent Items. If you are the same as me, I didn't check that box and as a result don't have any of the replies saved. Have to remember to do it on important messages from now on.

Thanks Tim for prompting me to look into it further. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Craig,

Well, there you go. Thanks for the discovery. I too will now pay attention to checking the save box. Maybe there is a way to have the box checked as default, which is the way it should be IMHO (or possibly, once you check it the first time it will remain as default until it's changed again) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Nope, tried checking it but the next time I did a reply it the save message box was clear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Yeah, I actually tried that as well to see if it saved your preference. Bummer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Just got to train ourselves to check that box. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Has anyone asked Ron if he can change this option? I have sent a couple of pm's twice since I didn't notice the Sent PM count going up. The default setting should be part of the user options, and/or should be sticky...

Sandy

Back