XJ13 replica

QUICK, somebody help Dennis, I'm dying to see the picture!
Dennis, maybe it's a size thing. Can you reduce the size/quality of the picture using Photoshop or something similar?

Simon

Denis Bedford

Denis Bedford
I can build cars but I really cant drive one of these machines very well I will email the pics to somebody who can post them for me regards Denis

Posting on behalf of Dennis...WOW

Attachments

• 49529-XJ13-1.jpg
    49529-XJ13-1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 344

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Keith, this may be why it isn't BRG.

Re: What colours are the best?? [Re: Malcolm M]
#5355 - Wed May 01 2002 04:34 PM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
green is a colour hardly used over here. There is the Linden green as seen on the Ford press car as allegedly driven by Mario Andretti (not) but no one here has gone for it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe green is regarded as a bad-luck color in the racing community, at least here in the US. Several racers are highly superstitious about the color green, and I've even heard stories of drag racers shooing away from the pits people who are wearing green and looking at the race cars.

Regards,
Mark

I believe that was from Mark Worthington. Whatever color, it would look great in my shop.
Regards Brian

Denis Bedford

Denis Bedford
Simon thanks very much for posting the pics I have a lot more if anyone is interested.Oh by the way Denis is spelt with only one N same as PENIS thats probably why I cant post the pics Best regards and thankyou once more Denis

Denis that is a great looking car. And your humour is good too.
Made my day. One N like in Penis. HA HA
Steve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keith

Yeah you're right Brian, green is (was) always considered to be bad luck over here too especially in cars, so it beats me why BRG was universally accepted as "our" racing colours. No offence to Denis's XJ13 replica though; it's going to be an awseome car and one which I particularly would like to build as well as a GT, with my ultimate preference leaning towards the XJ (heresy on the GT40's site!). Fabulous V12 motor and plentiful over here in the UK. One day.....one day.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Denis,
Totally disagree with that post, anyone that can produce that is definately not... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And as for the other statement on colour, if its a Cat then it HAS to be BRG, way to go Keith /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The Ford press car may have been green (now read painted in Gulf colours), however, IT WAS NOT a Jag... gentlemen I give you the C and D type...

Brett

Hi Denis, the XJ13 is looking very good. After finishing the XJ220, have you thought about the XJR-15...?

Rick

Looks fantastic Denis. Any chance of squeezing some of us locals in for a peek? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Or will we have to wait until it's finished. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I bet you can't wait to get it finished now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
I am going to have to do one of these someday - turnkey minus of course!!! I've been looking for that bargin Ebay Jag V12 but haven't found a good one yet.
Ron

[ QUOTE ]
I've been looking for that bargin Ebay Jag V12 but haven't found a good one yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would look at a BMW V12 from a 750i. I'm told those are cheap and plentiful. I would imagine with a little work on the heads it could make an easy 350 hp, maybe more with a new set of cams. That beautiful Jag with a BMW V12 and some nice exhaust would be one helluva ride.

Ron Earp

Admin
I looked into those, but, you know how I am - old school - carbs are what I want on these cars and the GT40. There are weber manifolds for the Jag V12s but not for the BMWs, of course. The Jag V12 can make good power relatively easily too, more than 350hp with not too much problem and 450-500 can be had with attention to detail.

Ron

Keith

A B - M - W (through gritted teeth) in an XJ 13 Relica??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Back