Sydney Visist 22 October

For all you Oz members out there, I'm going to be in Sydney for about a week at the end of October, and would sure appreciate having the chance to meet up with some of you, and have a beer of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. I know its along time out...but the wife likes to plan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Brett

Brett,
I live a half hour south-west of Sydney CBD. Would love to get in touch for a beer and chin-wag. I should have my RF40 by then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Due in March........the wait is killing me

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Thats Indy car time on the Gold Coast(about a 1000klm north of Sydney)--should be worth adding to the agenda--babes,beaches,fast cars and we're ready for fun! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And plenty of GT40's. If you decide to come up to the Gold Coast, more than welcome to stay with us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And can always pop you over for a talk to Peter Ransom at GT40 Australia.

Gold Coast is a great place to be during Indy week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Craig,
Is it easy to do an overnighter? The wife has said I can go off for a day or two, as the trip is meant to be for my 30th, and see some of you guys (my isn't she generous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) I would really appreciate being able to come up and see you guys, or down to Robert in Melbourne.

Brett

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Go on you know you want to---better start rubbing some salt into your skin (to toughen up) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif as it's 99% sunshine on the Gold Coast
Definitely worth the detour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Let us know if you can come up and we will organise something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Plenty of GT40's up here as it is the home of the DRB(GT40 Australia) replica. Also lots of Cobra action, if you are into them as there is 2 manufacturers here for them as well. Maybe you could bribe Denis to show you his XJ13 replica, should be finished by then.

That's a Friday in my books. I don't mind taking the day off work, good excuse anyway. Offer still open for accomodation and will be able to organise a tour of GT40 Australia and few other sites of interest. I'm pretty close to all the interesting kitcar manufacturers.

I can pick you up from the station, but if you want to make your own way, they have a nice new train service that goes from airport and basically runs express to where I am on the Gold Coast.

Let me know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

We will see if we can tee up a get together with the other GT40 boys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Craig,
Thanks for the offer on accomodation, but 2 1/2 years of travelling has at times brought benefits, namely a free night in the Conrad in Brisbane /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll drop you my number and details nearer the time. You are a star /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Brett

Conrad, definitely a nice place to stay. Sounds like the price is right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah, closer to the date we will organise something to keep you occupied.

That's what so great about this forum. It's now become a dating service. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Regards

There are 3 x RF cars in southern Sydney.I am 15 minutes from Sydney International if you would like to catch up with a few of the guys and shout us all "Crownies".

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Brett, the week prior to the 28th is Indy week, I.E.
Thur 20th to Sunday 23rd. A great time to be in town if you like, parties, fast cars and even faster women. If you can change your Itinery to that week we can guarantee a good time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pete,
Sorry itinery is locked and flights are all booked in with Qantas etc. However, I'm sure we can have a good day anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brett

Leaving for OZ next week - still OK for beers?

Tim, Craig, Pete, flatchat et al,
Are you still OK for beers and meeting up - especially Pete, there's no way that I've watched your baby get built and then not get a chance to see it in the flesh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The itinery is (once the West coast detour has been done):
Sydney 21-28
Brisbane 28-29 (its all I could get in allowance from the wife /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif)

If we're still on, I'll PM you my mobile numer etc.

Brett

Re: Leaving for OZ next week - still OK for beers?

Sure thing Brett. No GT40 yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif, but plenty of (cold) beer in the fridge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Peter D, Chris C et al, how about a get together??

Back