What Type of Pedal Box Is Favored?

What type (floor mounted or swinging) pedal box is most widely used? And which brand (Tilton, Wilwood, etc.)?

Bill D

I used a floor mounted tilton for my GT40NZ, but had to modify it to fit,,,,as you will have to do with most.

My yellow GT40NA car has an authentic "champ/Indy car" gas pedal, and the brake/clutch are tilton floormount, like my NZ car has.

The new "Premier GT" comes with a fully adjustable competition style pedal assembly with a dead pedal and accelerator.

Bill
I use a swinging top mount pedal assy. because I was able to get more ratio and higher pressures with the same master cyl. diameter, also you may be able to go up one size...lets say 1/8 inch and still get good line pressure, this will work with a higher pedal ratio and also less pedal travel is a plus which feels comfortable for most people. If you have problems with your gas pedal take a look at the VW beetle assy., it is a neat aluminum assy. with a narrow profile, and mounts to the tunnel/floor, has a trick little lever to pull a cable and really wirks well
Phil

Back