Ford GT on ebay

Wow... Some guy must have made a mistake! I wonder if it will be pulled 12+ hours before the auction ends. Maybe there is one dealer out there who is really attempting to see what the market will bear. Gotta appreciate that.

I retract anything good I said... What an A-hole move this guy is pulling. He's gonna screw someone with more money than brains... Good catch Jon...

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Tom, I think you meant a LOT more money than brain! I can't wait to see the seller feedback on this one. It's up over 172K plus the 151K list. That must make it one of the most expensive (except for the charity auction cars) GTs yet. Yikes!

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
The following is a response from the listed seller to my question regarding 'current bid' amount plus MSRP:

[ QUOTE ]
yes ..ebayers just did not read full disclosure....some bids are being removed we are entertaining offer of 250k plus

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow,
Ford went 1-2-3 at Le Mans in 1969 as well as the well documented 1-2-3 of 1966. Does Ford know they did that well in '69 or did it slip past everyone. I better let Trevor Legate know that his book is all wrong covering the 69 season.
Jim

"PLEASE NOTE THE PRICE THAT YOU ARE BIDDING IS OVER THE M.S.R.P. OF $151,595.00!! "

That just really sucks. When you buy a vehicle on ebay, you expect for delivery, duties etc to need to be paid, but not original RRP added to the amount. I always read the fine print, but that is one dishonest way to do an auction. I'm glad the seller has the hassle of bids that he realises are invalid. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I feel sorry for the bidders.

Back