What Gulf Colours ?

Hi There !
At a recent club meeting a member asked me if I knew what the Gulf Colours (blue/orange) were from. He had been told that they were originaly Triumph colours. I, being a painter by trade said I'd look into it for him ! I looked thru some old colours but I haven't been able to comfirm anything. I know it's a subject that has probably come up several times before, but please does anyone know the answer ?

A tip with search is to remember to set date range to longer than 1 week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I did a search a while ago and came across this thread(just click here).

There are plenty more if you search. And for the really lazy here is the important info from the threads:

"an original Production Car Record Sheet shows the Light Blue code to be (P030-8013) and the Marigold (P030-3393) both being British Leyland (Triumph) colours"

"here it is for the gulf colors(the originals):

Berger Ref 1125 Standard Triumph Powder blue
Berger Ref 1465 Triumph Marigold

Ps: I was told that the dark stripe between the orange and blue should be dark blue."

Also from what I have read, due to different circumstances, the colours used varied from one car to another. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back