Super Bowl 2005

I don't usually bet on sporting events but the Patriots are utterly dominant, and I don't think the Eagles have a snowball's chance in hell. They held the #1-ranked Indianapolis offense to 3 points last week, and they crushed the best defense in the league yesterday by putting up 41 against Pittsburgh. They have won 33 out of their last 37 games, and they haven't lost at home in two and a half years. Bellichick is a master at preparing his team for anything that his opponents can dish out. They play physical football, they execute plays and drives, they don't make mistakes, and they capitalize on mistakes that they cause other teams to have. That, my friend, is dominance.

I have to agree with Mark. Maybe I'm biased, but it's gotta be the Pats. They faced the two "best" teams in the NFL and utterly destroyed them. But hey, I'm also a Red Sox fan, I won't breathe easy until Tom Brady has a third MVP in his hands......

WHAT? No OAKLAND RAIDERS?!! No Infidels??! What the F&%$?

Worthington, I here by declare Jihad on your team. That lecherous, treacherous DAWG Brady was raised 30 minutes from Oakland!! What is he doing way over there in OldEngland?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I'm pulling for the underdog. I think that New England will
have pity on the Eagles, for fear of mass suicides in Philadelphia or serious retribution from those psychotic Eagles fans, should the Pats win. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Philadelphia is so long overdue for a championship that it's become a pathetic joke! Will it happen this year????? Maybe!
BUT, the Pats are pretty awesome, and not prone to shooting themselves in the foot like Philly, so I predict the score will be Patriots:27 Eagles:17 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Now,if only the spread were 11 and not 7, I could clean up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Will Tom Brady be a factor? Maybe, but look what the Eagles did to Vick. He threw the ball like a like a girl and was kept cornered like a fox by Philly's defense. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The real question is whether Terrell Owens will be a factor!
If he plays up to par, this could have the makings of a close game! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bill

[ QUOTE ]
Worthington, I here by declare Jihad on your team. That lecherous, treacherous DAWG Brady was raised 30 minutes from Oakland!! What is he doing way over there in OldEngland?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that figures he's from Kalifornia...he's way too purty to be a hearty New Englander. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FWIW, I still hate the Steelers (and am glad the Pats wiped them out) because I've always been a big Raiders fan and will never forgive the Steelers for Franco Harris' "immaculate reception," which was an illegal catch and which resulted in the Steelers stealing the game. I used to really enjoy watching the old man, George Blanda, come in during the fourth quarter after Daryle Lamonica had blown the game, and lead the Raiders to victory, seemingly week after week.

Mark, I have heard of all the guys you mentioned. I was a kid when those guys where doing all that stuff. It must have been fun to watch them live.

I was in front of the TV though when the Pats beat the raiders on that snow ball in New England. Great game, terrible outcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

New England is got a hell of a team, it kind of reminds me of the HATED 49rs, when they just couldn't loose in the 80s.

I agree with you, Brady is too Purdy to be in New England. You guys should have had Jim Plunket, remember him. One Ugly guy, but a good QB. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you, Brady is too Purdy to be in New England. You guys should have had Jim Plunket, remember him. One Ugly guy, but a good QB. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He was a Patriot - they traded him to Oakland IIRC. That was back when I hated the Pats. I never liked the Patriots until the Super Bown against the St. Louis Rams when they opted to be introduced, not individually, but as a team. That was a classy move, so uncharacteristic of the high-maintenance superstar cry babies that typify professional sports these days.

Mark, I love your last comment. It is so true -mega prima donnas. One of the main reasons we gave up season tickets to the Raiders.

Who was it the Pats lost to this year ...

oh yeah, the Dolphins /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Couldn't help it, I'm a Fins fan.

Anyway, with TO and Chad Lewis out, I think the Pats will
roll all over the Eagles. Even if they were healthy I don't think Philly has enough weapons to win.

Ian

Back