Original GT40s forum???

Is it me or has the 'Original GT40s' forum gone missing? All posts seem to have disappeared even when I search them. Was it because I mentioned the 'replica' word in this forum? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
You too Rob !!
I thought just I was being punished for giving Jim a hard time. Way to go , you blew it for both of us. Next time, please refrain form using the "R" word in Jims section. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif By the way, that is a nice "supporting member shooting star" by your name. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Regards Brian

Yep, I have the same problem--and I didn't even post a message to the recent flame war, never mind use the "R" word! Maybe one of the skirmishers got fed up being harassed and figured out how to just pull the plug on the entire section? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Sorry guys, I felt it off when fooling around with the forum. It is there, I just need to re-activate it.

I'm not sure what you fellows were talking about on that part of the forum, I don't read it a lot. Jim's Lola? Can't remember much about it but a lot of build pictures I looked at months ago. It was completely reconstructed from what I remember with some "non standard" parts for sure - tilt column, ZF tranny, modern gauges silkscreened, hydraulic doors, etc. so it certainly deviates from standard build and might be considered something else but I'm not all that much on historic stuff.

However, on another note, I am trying to consolidate and pair down some of the forums. Some have little use - Ford GT has very few posts and maybe we should elminate it. The Historical section is nice and gets lots of posts besides Jim's. What about Memorablia, doesn't seem too useful or get much traffic. Comments?

I'm not worried about who contributes or who doesn't on the forum. In fact, my personal preferance was to turn off the icons so that nobody would know who did what. But, the emails I got about that was completely in the other direction so they are on. We've got enough incoming cash to pay for the site with no trouble and bandwidth isn't an issue right now either, so we should be fine. People can give what they will depending on how useful the place is to them and I figure that is what people have been doing all along. I just try and hold off from making this a commerical venture since I don't really like to go to sites that are so busy with ads etc.

Ron Earp

Admin
Any thoughts on the New GT forums? Keep them around or drop them? Any forums people want added or ones we should can?

Ron

Eerr... hoping I don't sound like a stuck record... you could fix the spelling of the Manufacturers Announcements section header.

Tim. (The pedants are revolting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

what's the win to kill the new GT forum? if it has no traffic, then it can't be consuming resources. since fomoco is planning to produce a whole ton of these things, the traffic will eventually pick up. very very few cars are in the hands of customers - the vast majority are all still on dealer lots. this too shall pass.

doody.

Back