Door Catches

Ok Guys,
There has to be someone out there who knows where I can get these without also buying the door handles and associated hardware. I was told that they ccame off a Triumph Dolomite or Sprint, which I have subsequently found out was not the case.
They are very similar to a Jaguar latch on the outside, but the inner mechanism is totally different. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Phil

Attachments

• 51572-DoorCatch002.jpg
    51572-DoorCatch002.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 403
those are mini cooper mark 3 door parts.
I got a pair a year ago from a mini specailsist in the UK.
If I remember right, they were pretty reasonable.
I think the freight cost nearly as much as the parts.
I can dig through my reciepts and dig up his contact info,,,if you need it.

Alain, thanks so much, I would appreciate the adress or e-mail of the supplier.
Thanks again!
Phil

Hi
I'm cofused
Talked to a leyland part dealer in sweden and he thought it would be impossible that mini cooper mark 3 door catches was originally mounted on a gt40 made in the 60's when the cooper is made in the 70's. Does anyone know the correct source that the original car used? If so would a picture help me, need it to show the part dealer. I got information that if there where parts that leyland ever made it would be no problem to get new parts.
Thanks
Ingvar

Brian Stewart
Supporter
The striker plate (on the door pillar) is from a Standard Vanguard Phase I or Phase II or a Standard (Triumph) Mayflower. I believe the latch mechanism is off a late 50s Rover (e.g. Cyclops Rover 75). This latch may also have been used on the MKVII Jag. The following pictures are from an original GT40, then the respective items from the cars mentioned above (Mayflower and Rover 75). If the striker plates can’t be found the late 50s Austins (e.g. A55 etc.) had a similar plate that can be easily modified to look like the original. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Brian.

Attachments

• 61732-Original.jpg
    61732-Original.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 394
Thanks
I will show these pictures to my source, the company has worked with the Uk car parts business the last 40 years. Hope he will recognize the part source and related part number.
I'll post the information he gives me.
Ingvar

You can get these catches from a guy called Kev that runs a mini breaking business in southampton UK, if you need his number just contact me.

Back