Door Weatherstrip

Pat

Supporter
Well last weekend was interesting. It was my first lengthy drive since "fuel cell repair redux". Good news: the cell was fume and leak free. Bad news: caught in a rainstorm and the door weatherstripping was about as tight as Madonna's morals. Has anyone had any success with a particular type of weatherstrip for the doors?

High Veek,
Sorry to hear that your doors leak. I have CAV # 8 and the stuff CAV used does not leak on mine and I have been caught in really hard rain. Maybe your door latches need to be adjusted to pull them in tighter or you may need to make the slide catch that holds your doors from lifting at high speed pull the doors in the center of the roof down more. This may tighten the seal and you won't need to change anything. Joseph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 52097-PrettyGirl.jpg
    52097-PrettyGirl.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 413

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Veek,

I was up at ERA's shops last week and the weatherstripping was one of the things I paid close attention to because my passenger door does not seal well to the weatherstripping that is in the car now. What I have now is a grained vinyl U moulding with a tubular bulb on the side.

ERA's weatherstripping has a similar U moulding, but it has a curved lip on it that is taller than my bulb type, 11/16" vs 5/8", and it is also stiffer. Both can be found in J.C. Whitney and there are a couple of differnt size tubular bulb types; they have a large side bulb that is 3/4" high, but it has a rubber trim vs the grained vinyl of the others.

The one that ERA uses is SN 135260W. Push On - option 1 (The first two characters in the stock number will vary depending on the catalog you have.) I am about to order a roll of this in just a minute as a matter of fact, along with a roll of SN 133178W Stick On - option 1 to seal along the bottom of my doors.

Regards,
Lynn

Larsen, Don't forget to check out your favorite place,,McMaster Carr, Search under Rubber Seals, page 3272.

Veek, I have had problems with wind noise and ambient air getting into the cabin and thus reducing the effects of the AC. This may also help, but I can share a few idea's with you. You around this weekend?

Back