15" tires pics of Michelin TB 15

15\" tires pics of Michelin TB 15

Hi there,

For those of you who might think about buying Michelin TB15 for your 40, here are few pics i took from my train.
If interested these tires are sold 385 € inc VAT for the 335/15 and 345 € inc VAT for 270/15. From Factory shop cauled CERTA at Issoire in France, price incl also carriage for free in France
tel:33 473633147
fax:33 473232451

Attachments

• 51693-Photo011.jpg
    51693-Photo011.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,552
Re: 15\" tires pics of Michelin TB 15

HI Fred,

I have them too (but 275).
It drives really good and much better than the Dunlop Vintage racing on the road.
I did not try htem yet on circuit
Rgds
Fred

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter

What does the diameter measure on both sizes?

A new pair of these, size 270/45-15 are currently on UK eBay right now - priced at £200 pair on "buy-it-now", but someone has just bid £201+ ! I thought I understood eBay, but I obviously don't !

The 200 was the minimum price they would accept. If you were willing to pay that you click on "Buy it now". If someone is using a snipper program or has listed their maximum price above the buy it now price hoping the odds were that their initial bid would win under the buy it now price(which it wouldn't), then their price would automaticly go above the last bid by the incriment allowed by ebay(in this case $1). The snipper probably put in a low bid as ebay usually ask for a minimum bid if you weren't willing to go the buy it now price. The next person or so comes along and bids the buy it now price without clicking on the buy it now button and the automatic bidding progam jumps it up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Bill

Thanks for the comment Bill - but I still drawn to the conclusion that the £201 bidder doesn't know what he is doing!By normal eBay protocols, the minimum price acceptable is the "Reserve price" ( or for cheapskates like me, the "Starting Price"!). The "Buy-it-now" price is generally regarded as the maximum price the seller hopes he can get, and the B.I.N. buyer is willing to pay this price quickly in order to remove the item from the auction.I have never used a sniper programme - but I thought that they only made the final maximum bid in the last few seconds of the auction - but in this case, the auction has some way to go.Logically, for the price to rise to £201, as you say, it would mean that someone had bid £200 - but the bid record shows only two bids and the first one was £150.Anyway, the seller must be happy - as long as the final buyer doesn't live in Indonesia or Lagos!

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter

Richard,

You are right, at least the sniper program I use only submits a bit in the final seconds of the auction.

It did have a "buy-it-now" priced at £200, because I spent most of Friday evening nearly pressing the button - but it disappeared once someone bid higher !
However, now I have eventually received a pair of 265/50-13 Yokohamas,I don't need them. These Yoko tyres could best be described as "rocking horse sh*t"- as it took www.mytyres.co.uk, 7 months to find me a set.They look very similar to the BFGs and at £72 each for the rears and £52 each for the fronts, they have to be worth a try. I'll let you know what they are like after a trackday I'm doing soon.

Howard Jones

Supporter

Have you fit those fronts yet? I have 225s on mine and I think 245s would be about all it could handle. Those look like they would take a 10 inch wide wheel. I could never get those on the front of my car. GTD

The 265/50s or 270/45s are rears - and damned hard to find !
I have fitted 215/60s (as standard) on the front 8" wheels of my GTD and there is a wide choice of this size from many manufacturers - including Yokohama.

The choice for 15" road legal tyres is looking much better now, I guess you can go for 'width' with the Michelin TB's, or 'profile' with the Avon CR6ZZ. Both seem readily available.

Personally I've fitted the Avon 245's on an 11 inch rim & they look great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Back