center "console" width

center \"console\" width

Can anyone tell me the width of that center area where us North Americans stick the shifter when all is said and done and the panels are attached??

Re: center \"console\" width

It depends.... How wide are your seats, how wide is your interior space. All you need is enough room for the shifter and parking brake if you plan to mount it there.
Bill

That is kind of what I am getting at, I can squeeze everything in with about 2" but am wondering about resting your arm on it while driving or stuff like that, so I figured I would find out what everyone else has and likes and then try and go from there. I am thinking 2.5" total and that way the coolant lines will fit easily with some air between them and the sides but still not sure what is comfortable.

Howard Jones

Supporter

I made mine out of that white packing foam board first. Its really easy to work with. Light weight and when you are done making measurements off of it for the real one just throw it in the garbage.

1 inch thick by about 10" X 3' would be a good place to start. Just RTV a couple of sheets together and cut out a templete. When you are done with the basic shape then cover with a old bath towel for a material thickness check. Bath towels are about the same thickness as foam backed fake leather.

You can make a mockup more or less for free this way. I LOVE FREE!!!!!

Back