A hot start to the season - ouch !!

Blimey JP! Glad you're OK but what a bummer about the fuel valves. I hope it works out and that you're insurance covers the full loss.

Rob

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
JP, glad you are OK. As my Dad always said, You can replace the car, but not your life. I hope it all works out for you.
Regards Brian

J.P. I know you're using every excuse in the book to get out of playing with us.. but really, setting yourself on fire is going that bit TOO far!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Seriously, glad you're OK and hope you can get out on track again soon. Having seen a bit of fire in my time , hope you understand why I badgered you to get a race suit and use it.. even on track days! Jools

That is very sad. A neighbor of mine also had an F40. I noticed it sat outside for about a week (seemed strange-he always kept it in the garage) so I went up for a close look. Same thing. The whole rear was burned out. Very sad. Was hauled off & never say it again. He also had a nice F355 drop top, so I gues he dealt with it somehow. His name was Jeff Jeffries as I recall. Also lived in Southlake Texas. Bum deal.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
From the link above (first post):

"We have now found the cause of the fire.

The original deisgn of the Euro F40 with ATL tanks does not have one way valves on the fillers, or at least not on mine. During high speed cornering the fuel has been forced up through the filler neck and leaked through the joints and caught fire.

My tanks were replaced just over 4 years ago.

The tanks will now be replaced with Premier tanks that do have one way valves.

I am now very annoyed knowing that this was avoidable.

If anyone reading this owns an F40 with ATL tanks with no one way valve then you are at risk.

Regards,

J.P"

Chris

Back