Where to buy bodywork catches.

I'm trying to find 4 catches for the front and rear clip - anybody know where I can get them - preferably in the UK. I also need the body locators if anyone knows where they are from.

Attachments

• 52404-Catch.jpg
    52404-Catch.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 544

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Paul,

I recently bought the body locators from Tornado, I would assume the latches as well could be got from Tornado.

Also try McMaster-Carr and search 'draw latch'

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
I used a Dzus TL300B over center catch in stainless steel. Very effective and much more reasonably priced.

Lynn

Attachments

• 52436-DzusTL300B.jpg
    52436-DzusTL300B.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 540
Thanks guys I hadn't spotted them in Europa - anybody know about the body locaters or are these a custom made item.

Paul
Those latches that Lynn posted really work well, and I believe there is also a latch with an additional locking tab in the same format, all in stainless of course. I recently talked to someone who has an original car, and he told me the original latches were from a helicopter and quite expensive, these look remarkably similar, and work, IMHO, just as well
Phil

The helicopter ones are called Hartzell latches.
I have 4 of them but never installed them as it need some body adjustment versus standard body.
(see in parts for sale;Hartzell latches from Dec 08/2003 for pic)
I paid 300$ for them ex USA so if someone may be interested,send me a mail.
Fred

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Fred, I am interested in the latches and sent you a private message. I'll await your reply. Thanks Gregg

It appears that Dzus and Hartwell have merged or something. Here is an e-mail I just received from the new company do to a catalog request I sent them:

Thank you for contacting Southco's eService.

We have received your Hartwell-Dzus Catalog request. Since Southco
has acquired the company, we don't have an up to date catalog. We
recommend you visit our website to review the products: http://www.southco.com/.

We are working on a supplemental catalog to be complete in March/April 2005. You will
be sent this catalog once it is available.

If we can be of further assistance, please address your reply to [email protected].
Southco eService can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Best Regards,

Southco eService
Latches & Access Hardware
[email protected]
www.southco.com

Back