Where to buy Screenwasher Nozzles

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
All,

I just mounted my windscreen washer bottle last night and would like to get some wiper arm mounted nozzles to go with it. Does anyone know where items like this might be found? US vendor preferred, but not manditory.

I thought about mounting a fixed nozzle on the passenger side in the blank for the second wiper arm, but I am concerned that it is too far from the drivers side of the windscreen to effectively wet it so that the next swipe of the wiper will clean the windscreen. Has anyone used this mounting location for the washer nozzle??

I would rather not mount the nozzle in the front clip because I am afraid that removing the tubing so that the front clip can be opened would be a hassle and would eventually wear out the tubing so that it would leak when employed. Any thoughts??

Thanks,
Lynn

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
I have determined that quite a number of GM products have "wet arms" where the windscreen washer is built into the wiper arm.

Lynn

Lynn,
I suppose you mean something like the attched. The car in question is Robin Batt's 'Yellow Peril'. Speak to Frank Catt, he'll be able to help you.

Brett

Attachments

• 52463-screenwash.jpg
    52463-screenwash.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 305
Lynn
This may sound weird but I have a '90 GMC 2500 van that has the nicest in the wiper nozzles, you may want to check them out
Phil

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Phil, et al,

Not weird at all, the first wet arms I ran into were on GM SUVs & trucks like the Tahoe and your truck. I ended up making my own wet arm. I had purchased a Trico adjustable, universal replacement arm and with a 20" blade and the 165° sweep of the Saab wiper system (Lucas) it is perfect. The problem is that none of the listings for the wiper arms (NAPA) provided dimensions, so I would have had to guess, order some and then measure them. So, I bought a 30" piece of 3/16 brake line, TIG welded it to some tabs that were welded onto the wiper arm. I then drilled some tiny holes along its length and used a thin dremel cut off wheel to make the water fan out by cutting little arcs over the orifices (not sure if this will work as designed yet.)

I now need to wire up the Lucas washer tank/pump I have. It is a Lucas 55J, but there are no electrical specs on it. Does anyone know how many amps these washer pumps draw?? I am trying to decide if I need a relay or not. The distances involved are not far and I bought a 20A momentary switch.

Regards,
Lynn

Keith

The wiper arms found on the Mercedes V220 MPV or equivalent van are amongst the best self contained wash/wipe systems I've come across.

Hope this helps Lynn...

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Here is a picture of the Lucas windscreen washer in question.

Again, does anyone know how many amps these draw???

Thanks,
Lynn

Attachments

• 52630-Lucas55J.jpg
    52630-Lucas55J.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 298
Back