Master Cylinder Location

While laying out the radiator hoses at the front of the car today I found that the hoses run very close to the master cylinders for the brakes and clutch. In fact there is only 1/2" clearance between the aluminium pipe that the hoses connects to and the bottom of the master cylinder for the brakes. Does this jive with what everyone else has? Maybe it is no big deal but it sure seems close. My thought would be to keep the brake fluid as cool as possible, and setting it directly in front to the radiator might generate to much heat. Any thoughts?

Hi Dan , I wouldnt worry about it as long as there is a safe gap (no rubbing too) . In many front engine production cars the master cylinder is close to the headers and they would put off alot higher temps. The heat culprit is what migrates through the pad, backing plate , then caliper piston. 180 degree coolant is nothing compared to red hot glowing rotor disks. Sounds like your build is coming along. Are you going to start a builders string , we would like to see it ! regards, Dan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hi Dan, thanks for the reply. I do not have anything touching any of the coolant pipes anywhere so I guess it won't be a problem. I always try to plan ahead and look for any potential problems. Sometimes I over analize!

I have been meaning to start a builders string as you suggest. I will do so in the near future. Up to now I have just been mocking up the entire car piece by piece before I begin the final assembly. It's that thinking ahead-over analizing thing at work again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Believe me Dan I know what you mean. I think I spend more time thinking , visualizing, and mocking up , then cutting, wrenching or what ever else makes noise on the GT , LOL.

Back