Renault transmission

I was at my painters place yesterday talking about some touch up items that he needs to take care of. He had a Lotus race car outside the shop in several pieces as he is replacing the front end on it. In talking to him, he has a Lotus transmission that he removed from a Lotus that had been wrecked in one of the rear quarter panels and had damaged the rear suspension. When he put in for the parts, he told them that the transmission should be changed out. Well to make a long story short, Lotus never asked for the transmission back that was removed from the car. This transmission has been sitting in a crate in the attic of the shop for a good number of years, at least 4 or 5 I think. The unit according to him only had a couple of hundred miles on it.Well he asked me if I wanted to buy it. Since I have 2 930s I don't have a need for it. So I thought I would put it out for you guys to look at and if your interested, send me an email and a figure you think is a fair price for it. I will talk to him and see if he will go for your figure. When I sent my 930 across country, it cost $125 from Atlanta to California via Forward Air Inc. You guys in the rest of the world can figure out how much it would cost to your parts.
Here are some of the pics of the unit. As you can see, it is covered with a layer of dust that has accumulated from the shop.

1447663Lotus1.jpg

1447668Lotus4.JPG

1447667Lotus3.JPG

The only thing I can find wrong with the unit is a piece on the rear housing that has been broken off.
1447665Lotus2.JPG

The casting numbers which are on the side casing are:
I tried to talk to the parts guy at the local Lotus dealer, but he never got back with me. Maybe someone can help out with the numbers.
Bill

Back