New stateside kit manufacturing venture fishy?

I received an email from someone two days ago who says he saw my post here about being in the market for a GT40 kit. He says he is designing a MK1 GT40 kit here in the States which consists of only the body and rolling chassis to allow the average guy to complete the kit on his own by allowing kit purchasers to later purchase the remaining parts from outside suppliers. He claims to be a kit manufacturer now and says he will offer a "SUBSTANTIAL" savings in the price to the first five buyers because he will use the first five cars as development (jigs, build manuals, etc.). This man wants me to sign a Confidentiality Agreement before he tells me anything more.

Has anyone else received email from this guy?

Yep - I got one too. And I agree, it sounds a little fishy.

If I had the money years ago, I would have jumped at an
early RF since his product came with a sincere recommendation
and Robert answered questions I posed without any concern of
confidentiality.

Ian

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Remember this company:

CJE40

They were advertising then fell off the face of the earth. When I read your post, they were the first I thought of.

[ QUOTE ]
Remember this company:

CJE40

They were advertising then fell off the face of the earth. When I read your post, they were the first I thought of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, not CJE. CJE ran into other issues, and since those
issues involve other people on this board, it is not my
place to discuss it. Nevertheless, I believe CJE was
very sincere in their venture, just couldn't pull it off
logistcally.

Plus, Juan was very repsonsive to questions and comments,
and there was no hint of shrouding things under an NDA
cloak. And all correspondences were made with an official
CJE sig so there was no question as to who was being
represented.

This new email just gives a name and Yahoo address. No other
contact info.

Ian

Sounds even more fishy if said person is trolling the boards and not acknowledging his venture.

Can someone elaborate more on the correspondence or forward me the message?

I'd like to give this guy a chance and not put too much info out right now. I think if he is on the up and up he'll post here further explaining his venture and providing the information that will allow him to retain his understandibly-desireable anonymity. *Just don't throw any money at any new 40 kits for the time being!

Back