Floor mounted pedal box

I'm looking into the possibility of fitting a floor mounted pedal box in my GTD40. (Future project) Has anyone done this?
I've only had a brief look at this but it would appear the steering rack needs relocating (rotating through 90deg & raising). I assume you need extension bars to link the pedals to the master cyls?
Any help appreciated.

Paul,
I am wanting to put floor mounted pedals in mine. I have just got some Wilwoods, so if you feel like nipping over the water, you can come and help play on a bare chassis /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brett

[ QUOTE ]
Why ?

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. A set of Tiltons with a brake balance bar does the business perfectly, with minimal modification.
Why make it look a Beetle?

[ QUOTE ]
Why ?

[/ QUOTE ]

because that is what I want to do. If it doesn't work out then it doesn't, I'll just sell the pedals, but still have the master cylinders. My choice.

Personally, this will give me more leg room by moving the pedal box forward & a better driving position. My thighs currently rub against the underside of the dashboard. OK if it were an 18 year old blonde but fibreglass doesn't do anything for me!!
I could re-position the overhung pedal box forward but one is limited by pedal travel which is easier to accomodate with the floor mounted type. IMO

I'm using a Tilton pedal assembly. The assembly was too far apart when I got them so I cut them apart and set them closer together. They work well now.They were a complete set when ordered. I believe you can order them separately and do better on the price.

Back