Australian Grand Prix

OK guys, give us the scoop......

We're curious about fun had (Pete's Bar), hangovers, and

general impressions of the race.

When you guys sober up, please let us know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

How DOES 12,000RPMS+ mix with a hangover????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

It was nice to see someone other than Ferrari,

in the winner's circle! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bill

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
I'm with you Bill the suspense is killing me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I feel, that the event has elapsed into secret mens business /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Ok guys I can report the pete's bar activities from Saturday.Bill got me into the snob area with one of his revolving passes and we found Pete,Di(pete's wife)Peter Ransome and Norman Faulkner who came a little later.Pete was well into the Fosters brew and insisted on helping anyone who ventured to the bar to buy drinks.This activity of Pete's was prompted by the considerable talent behind the bar and he was particularly besotted with one of the blondes.The weather in Melbourne was normal, as after heavy rain you only had to wait 10 minutes for bright sunshine.The Queenslanders were being extremely harsh about our weather.Anyway after Pete's bar had taken a helluva pounding from the wind.The crowd mostly departed to their snobby grandstand seats leaving us drinking and watching the 1st qualifying session on the in bar tele.I left Pete's bar when qualifying finished and Pete was still downing the Amber fluid with eyes drifting toward his blonde bar girl.I know he got back to Qld today as I got an SMS from him.Great to meet you guys.Hey Chris see you at Easter, are you really gonna be there?I am.
Ross

Hello,

The Renault R25s were very fast but the Mac Laren that was supposed to be a "lap time killer" was bad all along the week end.
The Ferrari doesn't seems too bad though it's a 2004 version, what happen when they'll release the 2005 one ?
Some surprises came from Red Bul and other no-top teams. The season seems to start woth more suspense than the previous but an engine must last two races ...
I'm impatient to view the next race with "normal" testings.
The F1 races are no more an addition of 3 or 4 qualifiyng sessions, that is great.

Here comes the sun ...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Ross, It is a not true that I was besotted with one blonde
behind the bar. I was in love with all of them :grin.Also we did not continue with the amber stuff after you left, but moved on to the Bourban and cokes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I'm not sure if you were still in Pete's Bar (N0 relation) when the girls started dancing on the piano and getting their gear off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
But if not you missed a treat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
It was terrific to catch up with all of you and despite the crap weather we had a ball. Indy is on in October at the Gold Coast, Beautiful weather, and even more beautiful bar staff.Why don't we all plan to be there?? I'll post some pics of Melbourne as soon as I find my camera /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Talking of dancing and getting the gear off. I noticed that the local Melbourne population was down a bit over the weekend. Then i realised they had all gone up to Sydney for the Mardi Gras. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Again, it was nice to meet up. It's a shame our country is spread so far and wide that our cars won't be together too often.
Having seen the GT40's running around the track, i am absolutely busting to get my car now! I'll have to ring Robert every day and annoy the sh#t out of him until it's finished. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
For the US guys, the driver of GT40 No 18, red / white stripes was Bert Skidmore (not sure if that's his real name /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif). I'll post some pics when i get them out of my brothers camera.

some pics.
P1109, P????, My RF#95

Attachments

• 53645-GP05022.JPG
    53645-GP05022.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 261

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Right to left, Peters Back, bit of Tims head, Bill Haralambakis,someones mate, Peter Delany and my wife Di.
In Pete's Bar.

Attachments

• 53666-RIMG0007.JPG
    53666-RIMG0007.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 241
A general apology to all those who I promised that I would turn up on the day. Unfortunately I was struck down with some sort of unexplained virus that had me curled up shivering on the couch in front of the TV (well you didn't think that I would miss the F1 GP totally did you? ...and no the virus didn't involve any interaction with any blonde of any type, be it behind a bar or anywhere else). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ross,
Assuming that no other unforeseeable illness is plotting to bring me down yet again, yes I have promised all involved that I will be part of the Easter fun. Its way beyond time that my race suit saw the sunlight again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Tim, I was fascinated by the story of your Hyabusa powered clubman,that you related to us in Pete's bar. I am sure other members would be interested.
How about posting a few pics and the history of the build?
Sorry if this puts you on the spot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back