scalextric track

Dont have a real one yet? (like me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif), here's how i fill my time waiting.........

A 5.5m x 2.7m mezzanine in my garage. I keep my Lotus7 rep. underneath, on it's trailer.

Attachments

• 54080-scalex013.jpg
    54080-scalex013.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 290

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Nice garage Tim!

I'm waiting too - here's mine - about 160 ft of track. It's not nice and permanent like yours. That's what we call a "rug racing" over here!

Regards,

Al H.

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

Waiting for RF #129 - can't wait!

IMG_2003.jpg

two verynice setups i have lots of track about 150m but no place to leave it setup so have to do it when the girlfriend is working late shift. I have the black No2 GT40 as well.

WOW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Gee, now if i just move all of the cars out of the garage.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice tracks guys. That long straights on both are awesome !
Here is my old strombecker set I had when I was a kid. I dug it out of my folks attic, bought some more track, built 3 tables (4x6 each, for a 6 foot by 12 foot ) with 43 feet running in each lane. We slowly added scenery and such along with a old 386 laptop for timing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Lots of fun too!

Attachments

• 55119-danstrack66.jpg
    55119-danstrack66.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 282
Sorry I dont have a better overhead pic , i'll have to shoot one sometime. Here is a good gt pic, I painted all these people till my eyes would start to go blurry then decided I had enough LOL !

Attachments

• 55121-DSC00013a.jpg
    55121-DSC00013a.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 275
When I was in my teens I used to travel all over Britain racing slot cars. Some of the tracks were awesome. One at Southend had, if I remember correctly, eight lanes with a huge banked corner at one end. The cars used to reach about 60 mph actual at the end of the straight.
In those days (late sixties) there were actually professional slot racers in America and they occasionally used to travel over to Britain to race in the big events.

One race I did against them had a full size Ford Cortina as first prize (second prize was two...) I think I came fourth and won about £50 which was a hell of a lot of money back then.

I used to build the cars myself and wind the electric motors by hand. Hot engines for sprint races used to last about five minutes with the armature wound in what felt like cable!

Happy days but then I discovered girls and life was never quite the same again....

Back