GSX1300 Hayabusa Lotus 7 Replica

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Tim, I was fascinated by the story of your Hyabusa powered clubman,that you related to us in Pete's bar. I am sure other members would be interested.
How about posting a few pics and the history of the build?
Sorry if this puts you on the spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

For those who are interested:

This is my PRB clubman. PRB is a Sydney based kit builder. My brother and i built two identical kits, but wanted something different from the "normal" 1600 toyota powerplant. Bike engines seemed popular int he UK, so we took on the project of modifying the chassis and engineering the parts & systems requires to get the Suzuki Hayabusa 1300 into the clubman and make it work.
Breif specifications:
Weight = 440kg (968lb)
Power = 210 bhp
Motec M4 pro
Motec ADL dash/logger
Quaiffe reversing box
Dry-sumped GSXR1300 with Yoshimura cams. Standard bottom end.
6 speed sequential gear change.
Winters "baby grand" quick-change fully flaoting live axle. Alloy casing, torsen LSD, gun drilled axles, quick-change final drive (ten minutes) ratios.
carbon fibre seats, guards, mirrors.

A real fun thing to drive. I have not lost a "green light drag race" yet.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 54100-alvin12.JPG
    54100-alvin12.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 945
diff. See romavable plate for changing ratios

Attachments

• 54102-alvin30oct018.JPG
    54102-alvin30oct018.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,116

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
The latest unique cars magazine mentions the NSW PBR Lotus 7 replica (??) gathering - "including the Mackie brothers' Hyabusa engined rockets"..... or words to that effect.
Great to be recognised as having one of the (if not THE) quickest cars around! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great job, I think you'll need to bring it down to Melbourne soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bill.

Back