Forumula 1 race Malaysia

Alonso wins with a Renault.
make that deux for Renault in the F1 championship.
All you GT40 guys with Renault gearbox should be proud.

Great race from what I saw ,I think the new tyres for a race and engine for two, (rules) make it a bit more interesting to watch as the drivers have to compensate for tyre wear - limit their revs.

I'm a bit pi55ed off with "our" Mark Webber. I stayed up 'till 1am to watch the race, and he let a certain third go begging. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Reanault are killing them! Toyota doing well also. Great to see the cars really fighting it out. And where was what's his name..Shoomaker?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Jeez Tim I think you are being a bit hard on Mark.I only saw the incident on the news but it appeared to me that Webber was on the racing line and Fisi locked up and slid into him.
I taped the race only to find out this morning that I had pressed a wrong button and didn't get it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyway it looks like the rule changes are going to make F1 a lot less boring /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Pete,
He actually had a similar run in with another car (Jensen i think) a few laps earlier, he was very lucky to escape that one. Fissies tyres were stuffed, and MW was all over him. Mark just put himself in the wrong place. The incident was totlly Fissies fault, but if Mark had have been a tad more patient, he would have had a podium.
Great race though. Some reall passing, cars sliding. Everyone had issues with under and/or oversteer. They were altering wings in pitstops. Very good to watch.
Hey F1 is NOT boring me to death!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keith

I think that was pretty much a racing incident and with Fisi going all defensive off line like that, it was always likely that he was going to drift wide especially with shot tyres. Mark should have been a tad more patient as he would have easily got him into turn 1. Having said that, he would have been a double hero if he had pulled it off and it was great racing. These guys have probably forgotten what it's like to race wheel to wheel! It's been a long time coming!... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
The best racing in F1 I've seen in recent years, especially the exchange between Ralf, Webber and Heidfeld during mid race. Ralf and Webber rubbed wheels while Webber was trying to get around Fisichella, allowing Heidfeld to overtake Webber. Webber re-took Heidfled and Ralf and Heidfeld overtook Ralf, all in 3 or 4 corners...

Great stuff.

Bill.

Attachments

• 54564-Ralf&MarkinMalaysia.jpg
    54564-Ralf&MarkinMalaysia.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 201
[ QUOTE ]
but if Mark had have been a tad more patient, he would have had a podium.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I see, Mark is a true racer and won't settle for less if he thought there was a chance.

Everyone in F1 has a limited amount of time to make their mark and Mark knows it so he won't settle for third if he thought an extra corner could give him a better chance at second or even first. I think that we will rarely see Mark driving a conservative race. He actually reminds me alot of Montoya in his early days with his aggression and self belief, but Mark is more likely to keep that enthusiasm going.

Keith

Hey Chris, I'm with you 100% on that. You know, they whinge about "boring races" and they also whinge about no overtaking, and, guess what! They whinge when someone goes for it and comes unstuck. Mark is a racer, no doubt, and in my book at least, he gets big points for doing exactly what is (should be) expected. Race! If he isn't world champion within at least 5 years (given the right equipment) I'll eat my helmet. (Steady boys). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Back