racing your 40 in the US

Chris Kouba

Supporter
I know sanctioned competition for replicas has been discussed previously, but I will pose a direct question here as there are some SCCA-knowledgeable people on this board.

Would a GT40 replica fit into the ASR catgory for SCCA competition? Assuming the tubing and cage requirements are satisfied, it seems to fit the general intent of the class (ie 2 seat sport racer).

I don't have a copy of the GCR's but maybe someone who has experience could chime in.

Chris

I believe it wouldbe better suited to build a GT40 into a "super production" classSCCA racer,,,, so it could be in the same "group" as other GT type cars.

You would have to build the car to meet all the safety rules of the GCR, and super prod is a regional only class.

In the Midwest division we have folks running in superproduction with everything from tubframe v8 porsche 914s, to old vintage style 60s mustangs, to ex-nascar trucks.
It is a run what you brung type of class, with most requirements being safety items like full cage, fire system, fuel cell, etc.

Back