Renault wins 3rd F1 Grand Prix 3 April 05

Fernando Alonso wins at Bahrain! We all know the transaxle is the weakest link in our cars. Can anyone tell me what Renault is using in the F1 Alonso is driving? Trulli ran second and Raikonnen ran 3rd. Ferrari gets a goose egg, or should that be a gander egg? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Cheers Tommy - now I needn't watch it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Seriously though - a thread title that does'nt give the game away would have helped.....

and would have given me a fighting chance of avoiding the result - just a thought...

Well, this formula 1 is becoming very boring. The Renaults always win.
What we need is some new rules to prevent the same team winning all the time. It's years since that nice Ferrari team won.

Regards

Dave Tickle

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Dave, I detect a note of not so subtle sarcasm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Good on ya mate stick it to them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I am actually looking forward to the next race.
Dont worry about those nice people at Ferrari, as Arnie says
they'll be back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifOr was that I'll be back? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Is there any truth that Max's latest idea to spice up the action is to dictate that no team can win more than twice each season (maths probably isn't his strongest point) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I am happy for Renault but had hoped BAR would continue to improve - so what happened to Dave Richards - is there any relationship between Dave going and their form this season so far? Looks like Honda shot themselves in the foot.

I'll think you'll find the same thing happened at Renault for a while when Dave Richards left, he's a clever and successful motivator/team leader. Very charismatic and approachable. Honda has underfunded their F1 effort for several years, and don't forget, it evolved out of Mugen who are a preparation offshoot of Honda, so they didn't exactly chuck resources at it when it mattered (BAR, Jordan), and now they're paying catch up. BAR's performance last year was pretty much down to a good Geoff Willis chassis and underperformance from Renault, Williams and Maclaren. Plus, Jenson never really pushed Schumacher did he? Then there was the constant grenading of poor old sato's lump which was skilfully suggested as being the result of his "driving style". We are getting back to par now so BARs (Honda's) poor relative performance is spotlighted. As for Max, he's an accountant, and he did a great job at March didn't he? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back