Sold one of my babies today

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Here's a pic of my Ferrari 250 GTO replica.I carried out a nut and bolt restoration of donor 240z and 90 percent finished it in 1999.As is most often is the case I finished it for the new owner this past week.Ideal project prior to taking on GT40 build.I still love the look of it and it turns a lot of heads.Oh well now on to the lotus Europa.
Ross

Attachments

• 55677-NewImage(600x450).jpg
    55677-NewImage(600x450).jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 257

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
The rear hatch does give it away somewhat.How about a side shot.
Ross

Attachments

• 55682-Ferrari003(600x450).jpg
    55682-Ferrari003(600x450).jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 285

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
last one what would you like to know about it Luv40?
Ross

Attachments

• 55685-Ferrari010(600x450).jpg
    55685-Ferrari010(600x450).jpg
    47 KB · Views: 229
Hey! I'M Luv40 and I didn't ask! But you can tell me anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Hang on what's going on here? Oh I see there's a luv40 and love gt40 you guys make it hard with similar tags.I'm a simple guy with a real name LOL.Actually Love GT40 has asked about the car but I would like him to be specific as I could rattle on for hours and bore everyone to death, but I'd rather not.Are you in the Army luv40? or is that avatar of yours a heavily disguised GT40.
Ross

Hi there Ross! Actually, my name combines my passion for GT40s and my love of tennis (yeah right).

The vehicle is an ex British Army Saracen Armoured Personnel Carrier, which I found in a field and restored. It had done approx 500 miles only since new in the '60's. It is powered by a Rolls Royce motor and is 6 wheel drive. I use it for weddings (!), corporate functions and anywhere there are parking problems (heh heh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif) It does 5 to the gallon, is armoured and pretty much unstoppable. Oh, and it's amphibious too.

hihihi..yes, I am the LOVE gt40.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif..my avatar ford replica is even more different of the luv40's one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
That car is anyway nice and also is near to the original.
But being italian and loving that GTO (i saw that original several times here in Monza track) i believe that original gto shape is too particular and can be really too hard to be done as replica(also if nothing is impossible).
Just the real ones also from pictures seems a lot more powerful, and bigger in size.

Anyway that one u had is a great nice car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Paul-Italy

Hey Ross,

How about a pic of the Lotus Europa project. I'd love to see it progress through its resoration too.

Back