GT40 Enthusiasts Club AGM at Stoneleigh

The website is updated:
http://www.gt40enthusiastsclub.com
with information on the AGM at Stoneleigh, new members cars featured (Paul Brameld and Toni Kluth), an early event at The Castle PH.
Check out last year's gathering.
Also a plea from our Treasurer - no not higher subs - he needs information to build a 20th Anniversary members Book - a sort of Enthusiasts Club doomsday book /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif every current member please help.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Last year a number of 40's met up at 8am at the Cherwell Services at J10 of the M40 The following is the related thread.

http://www.gt40s.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/36606/an/0/page/2#36606

I am aware that a few people are already planning on meeting up - can we match or better last year's convoy of 11 cars?

Mine's not on the road yet so I'll be trying for photo's this year - give me 10 mins start and I'll try the camera at the next flyover!

Any body joining us?

Cheers
Ian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Brian

If memory serves me right we left about 9:15 - 9:30

So If I am trying for photos I'll be leaving 10 mins earlier to head up the motorway and find the flyover!

See you Sunday

Ian

I'm really really really trying to be there with the GTD.
I've got all my new brakes fitted and plumbed, so will be filling the system with fluid this evening...wish me luck.
Simon

Brian Magee

Supporter
Come on Simon. Pull out all the stops! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Be there or be square /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Brian

Geoff,
Try to make it on the Sunday, as people have been disappointed that there were no GT40s on the stand on the Monday in past years.

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the warning - I'm trying to re-schedule my weekend - Now hope to be down on the Sunday - Lets hope the sun shines!
Cheers,
Geoff.

We have been allocated stand 27b which I think is the same as last year.
Look out for my car at Cherwell please! I won't be driving it as I'll be travelling down to the show from Chester, but hopefully it will get there safely with my substitute driver!

The show actually opens at 9.30, so don't leave it too late leaving Cherwell.

According to the Met Office the forecast for Friday through to Monday is warm and sunny. Sunday being 23 deg C (73F) the warmest day so far. Charge up your aircon!!

I think we met at 8:00 and we need to leave soon after 8:30 to avoid traffic.

Anyone travelling to Stoneleigh other routes please note it is much quicker to come in from the south. I came down through Stoneleigh village several times and its horrendous - like about an hour in the queue.

Hi all,
Anyone staying in the showground on sat and sun nights? I'll be there in the bar! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm coming down on the M6 Sunday a.m.
Any easy suggestions as per route to avoid the jams? I take your point about Stoneleigh village. It seems to take hours to get in, but no time at all to get out!!
Cheers,
Geoff.

Brian Magee

Supporter
Geoff

The way I would suggest is to come off the M6 onto the M42 (J4) then turn left onto the A45 at the NEC junction. At the next junction, turn right onto the A452. Cross the A46 (which is where we will be coming up from the south) and at the next roundabout bear left (will be signposted) then left at the next roundabout onto the B4113. Entrance is about 1 mile on left.

Brian

Finally sorted the car this evening and juiced up (on Stella too after that day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hope I make to Stoneleigh - see you at Cherwell first.

David

Fantastic array of GT40s at Stoneliegh. I don't think I will ever be there with mine as it's too tatty! But I did find the help I needed in locating a source of suspension bushes via technical officer Verdun Webley and the rebuild is now back on. (My problem has been a GTD back end grafted on to my KVA - but GTD standard bushes don't fit....)
Sorry I could not stay for the meeting - my son is going to live permanently in Majorca from Wednesday and some unepxected relatives turned up in Norfolk to say goodbye to him so we had to leave early.
But this was my first meeting with the anyone from the Enthusiasts Club and I look forward to many more!

Back