1972 351 Windsor Engine for sale UK

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Here is the parts list for sale.....shortish block....unassembled...to be sold as one unit.

1x Ford Windsor V8 Engine Block
1x Pair of Pro Action aluminium heads
1x Eagle 4340 forged crank 351W
1x Set of TRW forged pistons +0.030
1x Set of H-beam Eagle con rods
1x Set of rings sealed power
1x Pro race harmonic damper
1x Comp Cams 284hr roller cam and lifters
1x Set pro magnum roller rockers
1x Set of valve retainers
1x Manley valve set 2.02/1.60
1x Set of valve springs
1x Set of hardened push rods
1x Set of ARP 7/16 rocker studs
1x Set of guide plates Comp Cams
1x Set of valve locks 10 degree
1x Mains rod and cam bearings
1x Full Felpro gasket set
1x ARP mains stud kit
1x Coyles billet roller timing chain

The block is 2 bolt mains, casting code D2AE-BA (1972 Galaxie Engine 9.480” deckheight), date code 2M12 (Dec 12th 1972). Block has been Hot tank cleaned and pressure tested and has 0.030 overbore. Brass core plugs inserted, along with cam bearings. Motor internally balanced with a comp ratio of 10.5:1 and notched pistons for valve clearance. If this engine block is used as the only ‘used’ component for a build then it requires only a visible smoke emissions test (UK current regulations at time of writing).

Make me an offer...

lol, what gives Doc ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

i used to be indecisive too, but now I'm not so sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
dont ask........... doe!!! you just did......

was going to put the 351W into my GT to give it a little more 'beef' but am getting into the purist mode. So now want a 289 1966 block.... and found one. I can also swap externals of a 289/302 but not the windsor (well not the exhaust or the pan or the inlet manifold). Oh and the 351W was only used on a mirage i think it won at Spa that bit was my fault as i was (and still am) a newbie and i am building a replica Mk I. want to try and also get it FIA approved so as original as possible for the car parts including the engine (although i'm using aluminium heads). As an idea about the levels I seem to be going to, tonight I'm contacting a guy who has hartwell latches from the radome of an english electric lightning....... that was fun sourcing those...... hope he hasent sold them yet...lol

Doc Watson

I know what you mean Doc.

If you really have time to kill you want to try sourcing original wiring loom connectors for a mkII loom /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Good luck with your engine anyway.

Back