Inaugural Sydney GT40 Drive Day

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
At long last, the Sydney GT40 guys got together last Sunday for our first drive. Met up in Centennial park for lunch, then a drive to La Perouse. We managed to get 5 cars plus a few more owners who are "nearly there" or had some last minute mechanical problems.

It was a great day for some of us to finally put faces to the names we have come to know so well, and all are committed to the next one (hopefully with 2 or 3 more cars).

Some pics :

Attachments

• 56021-RightRear.jpg
    56021-RightRear.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 342
"Twas a great day Peter. Lovely Sydney weather /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and 5 stunning GT40's to drool over. I hope to have mine at the next one.

Peter, keep me in the loop. At some stage I will bring 1080 home to Sydney and would be happy to come out to play.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
No problem Gary, I'll add you to the distribution list - any idea on when you might be returning home ?

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Peter, I will start my transition back to Sydney in the second half of this year and should be back permanently in 2006. 1080, wont be so lucky. I have a good program of races for her in various places culminating in the Classic Le Mans in 2006. After this I will probably bring her to Sydney, but due to the Luxury Car Tax it is unlikely that I will register her, but we will come and play on the track.

Gary,
Club regisration would be the go for your car. There's no stamp duty or taxes. It costs about a hundred bucks a year!

Tim, thanks for the information, I will have somebody look into it. So maybe I can see you all down in Centenial Park after all. FYI 1080 is now with Willy Green and John Etheridge at Donnington Park getting sorted out. So it will soon be on the track.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Our 2nd Sydney GT40 Drive Day.

I did post this in the Off-Topics section, but this is probably a better place :

A great day was had for the Sydney Drive #2 - 7 x GT40's :

From left in pic :

Haydon M - RF Yellow
Steve S - DRB Red
Chris C - RF Yellow
Peter D - DRB Blue
Terry D - RF Black
Steve T - RF Blue
Kim H - RF Yellow

Nice drive, brilliant weather & great hospitality at Steve S's "ranch". We also had Tim M in his fearsome Hyabusa powered clubman & Steve K in a brutal Chev powered Ultima - what a collection !

I'll post a few more pics as I get them (dummy here forgot to take his bloody camera) !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Attachments

• 67869-sline(Large).jpg
    67869-sline(Large).jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 288

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Tim M's scary Hyabusa-powered clubman (Tim is waiting on his RF - the 1st with a 4.6) :

Attachments

• 67924-Busa7OP.JPG
    67924-Busa7OP.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 289
Back