read this

c

Don't delete this because it looks weird. Believe it or not you can read it.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt. Rgerads Norman

Pete. It's a little bit like you towards the end of the day in Pete's Bar at the AGP. We couldn't understand a word you were saying but we knew what you meant. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Regards Norman

One evening during a conference, a friend (American) was sitting at a bar translating between the men on either side of her. On one side was an Australia, the other was a German. Both were speaking English, but neither of them could understand the other's accent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Heheheheh.Never heard of glass houses Norman? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete I was only jealous as I arrived late and had to leave early. Next time!!! Regards Norman

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Norman, I know a couple of nice bars in Surfers Paradise and Indy is on late October. Why don't you blokes from the frozen States plan to be there? My shout /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

A trick I learned years ago to help memorize lines from
a script - jot down the first letter of each word (including
punctuation), go over your list twice with the text, and
you will remember about 75% of your lines without looking,
and almost 100% just by looking at the letters.

In both Norman amd Steve's examples, your brain actually
fills in the blank through context. And a lot depends on
knowledge and education - try either out on an average
person off the street, and you will be surprised at how
many people cannot decipher the text.

Ian

Hi Pete. Indy is on my list of things to do. My next door neighbour with the yellow RF swears by it, and goes each year. This year Indy time if my plans happen I shall be OS with the 40. If not I will try and get up there. Indy and your DRB on the road is a great double. Regards Norman

Back