My Latest

Another Piece of History...

Attachments

• 56225-330_P_3=4_#0854.RearAbove(2).jpg
    56225-330_P_3=4_#0854.RearAbove(2).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 381
It's a pretty (or should I say "handsome"?) car.

According to the article, in 1968, it sold as a used car for about twice what a NOS GT40 sold for.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Nice buy Jim! I toured Bruce McCaw's collection a few months ago and had a chance to look it over. It is a beautiful piece of history. Are we going to see those NY plates on it?

[ QUOTE ]
Nice buy Jim! I toured Bruce McCaw's collection a few months ago and had a chance to look it over. It is a beautiful piece of history. Are we going to see those NY plates on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! Yes.

Jim, is the 412P identical to the P4 except with carbs instead of injection, or are there other differences? Was #0854 a re-worked P3, or a new car from scratch? Just curious. Maybe you can get a couple of your Mk IV buddies and another P4/412P car or two and recreate Le Mans '67! Wonderful piece of history.

Hi
The 412 P's were customer as opposed to works (S.p.A.) cars.
They were built up after the P3 and are similar but were upgraded. 0846 was a works P3 that was converted to a P4 thus P 3/4 (It's the only P 3/4) The P4's had different chassis, motor, foot pedals, and suspention as well. If you pm me I'll send you a link that goes into great detail on 0846 P3's and P4's.

0854 was always a 412P.
Best

Congratulations Jim!

I can't think of anyone better to safeguard and share such an amazing piece of racing history. I hope you have many chances to enjoy it to it's fullest!

cheers

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jim,
A wonderful addition. I really enjoyed seeing your GT40 and P3/4 at the Toronto Auto show and I though then that you had the ultimate garage.

That car looks like pure sex. What a gorgeous piece of unadulterated history. I can't imagine what your heart rate must do upon seeing any of those cars in your garage!

Congrats on such a significant and historic addition.
Ken Visser

Back