GT40 evolution in carbon fibre - UPDATE

I posted a number of pics last year which showed this car without paint - here are some updated pics:

Attachments

• 56450-Carbon1A.jpg
    56450-Carbon1A.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 2,028
the last for now. I'm really curious if it will be on the street sometimes...

Attachments

• 56455-Carbon1F.jpg
    56455-Carbon1F.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,882
[ QUOTE ]
Is that a Chevy hiding in the rear? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know it is actually a Chevy. But as this guy has absolutely no intention to build an "original" or near original car - why not? Here in Germany are many Hermsen GT40 replicas (base was the old KVA chassis) with Ford Cosworth V6 engines in their back due to TÜV restrictions - IMHO I'd prefer a V8, even if it's a Chevy.
His next project will be a GT Spider which has a complete carbon body, too and a tuned Jaguar V12 - estimated total weight shall be under 900 kilos...

Volker

Chris Duncan

Supporter
The front clip must have articulated hinges so the airdamn/splitter will clear the ground when open?

I wonder if the panel around the intake horns is a functional part of a cold air box system?

I think its great, a lot of real craftsmanship has gone into that body, and I like anyone who can design and build an individual creation to his own ideas. All it wants now is a monocoque chassis to the same quality and that will be some car !

[ QUOTE ]
Is that a Chevy hiding in the rear? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know it is actually a Chevy. But as this guy has absolutely no intention to build an "original" or near original car - why not? Here in Germany are many Hermsen GT40 replicas (base was the old KVA chassis) with Ford Cosworth V6 engines in their back due to TÜV restrictions - IMHO I'd prefer a V8, even if it's a Chevy.
His next project will be a GT Spider which has a complete carbon body, too and a tuned Jaguar V12 - estimated total weight shall be under 900 kilos...

Volker

Hi Volker,

Do you have any updates ?

Italo

Very, very cool interpretation of the GT40 design. Can you find out what kind of outside mirrors those are? Thanks.

bloody hell the trumpets are outrageous !!! very cool project !!

(a LS2 would have been nice if he decided to go on Chevy :D)

Back