GTD40 CLUB TRACKDAY 2005

Hi all -

Just a reminder now that the club magazines have been sent out, to not throw out the address sheet, as an entry form for the club trackday is on the rear. Places are filling so book early to avoid any dissappointment.

The event is at Goodwood Motor Circuit on Monday 22nd August.

PLUS - while we are on the subject - A BIG THANK-YOU is due to Club Member James Phillips of Reflex Nutrition who once again is supporting the day with a contribution to the club.... Thanks James - We look forward to seing your (F)40 there......

If anyone has already thrown out their entry form, they can be downloaded from the club web site also....

Attachments

• 56671-tdayjpg.JPG
    56671-tdayjpg.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 320
A word to the wise....

I was down at Goodwood last week and the marshals seemed stricter with the noise limits than I ever remember. Speaking to them, it seems the weather can affect the measurements - we had low cloud in the morning and they told me it can make a difference!

In the past I've never had problems either with the static or the drive by noise tests, but on Thursday I was close to the noise limits. I wasn't alone in that, and at least two cars (one belonging to a club member, but not a GTD40) were sent home during the day.

Lapping was also suspended on two occasions to keep down the cumulative noise - apparently they have half hour measurement periods and plot the total noise in each one.

So, the advice is to make sure your silencers are re-packed before the track day. We don't want the lapping suspended and we DEFINITELY don't want anyone sent home early!

Charles

Keith

I believe you are referring to a noise measurement expressed as "L aeq" which is an average measurement of noise related to elapsed time, a quite normal procedure at rock concerts, and are probably measured at the boundary or noise sensitive locations. If the averaged noise limit is exceeded in any time sample, then they must take immediate action to avoid the imposition of a Noise Abatement Notice. It's a bummer, but, on a positive note, at least Goodwood have managed to bring "racing" back to the facility unlike other tracks who are threatened with closure for the same reason. I can hear Goodwood clearly from my mother's back garden, and I can clearly remember when Bruce McLaren used to test the Can-Ams there. Oh happy days. What a glorious noise!

As a PS to this, in summer months, the noise from small planes taking off and landing @ Goodwood aerodrome is far more intrusive, but I don't notice them being silenced.

We did a sprint at Goodwood yesterday, a lot of cars were stopped because of drive by noise violations, much much stricter than any event we have done before, including two half hour stoppages to allow the averagew noise levels to subside, whilst all the time unsilenced aircraft continued to add to the ambient noise levels.Either the "jobsworths" are now fully in charge or the computer that reads the three recording microphones has got more sensitive. Certainly "marginal" silenced cars are no longer tolerated.

Dunno if that period i will be near Goodwood track(should be near London, right?).
Almost surely i will come this summer to UK for some weeks..and visit Tornado factory(i will be in Birmingham, nobody in this town with a 40for sale? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif..) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Hope the period will be that one and see u all there!!

Paul-italy

Not long now..... and if you have been waiting to book a place, you'd better do it now as I believe there are only TWO places left!!!

Lot's of 40s, sun, the track, friendly people, picnics, Glorious Goodwood - what more could you ask for?

Miss it at your peril.

There will also be the chance to be photographed in the lunchtime Grid lineup - whether you have track time booked or not - enjoy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

From Belgium, we are coming with at least 3 GTD40s to say hello but not on track as this noise issue is really crazy on such an historical circuit.
See you all there
fred

Been leaving your entry to the last minute?? - well if you have you are in luck, but you'd better hurry!

There are just TWO spaces left for the club track day on August 22nd at Goodwood, so to enjoy the 'on track experience' - make that booking asap or risk missing out!

ps - I will be speaking to Frank and he'll hopfully be booking some excellent weather for us all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think I counted 25 cars at lunchtime in the lineup here's a pic.

Attachments

• 63420-GTD2005Line.jpg
    63420-GTD2005Line.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 286
A bit damp towards the end of the day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Attachments

• 63421-GTDWetpits.jpg
    63421-GTDWetpits.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 315
Hi Paul -

Yep we managed 26 on the Grid (who said 40 drivers are fair weather drivers?)

Despite the weather, most had a fun day and it certainly focused your attention when out on track!

Attachments

• 63449-TdayWetGrid.JPG
    63449-TdayWetGrid.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 265
Talking about a wet trip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif!!!!

500 Miles Brussels-Goodwood-Brussels in 1 day whilst driving in a GT40 in a 'non stop getting worser all the time' heavy rain with a ceiling at 40' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif...

Needless to say our fear was some mecanical/electrical breakdown but our cars were bravour than the drivers !

The only dry place we encountered was under the Channel in the tunnel to Calais,even my pants were totally sumerged by this nice weather(only by the weather off course...).

A trip we will remember and impressed about the cars who made it (yes Frank) like amphibians /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif...

Fred

Sadly I was unwell on Monday but Andrew exercised F47POT for me.
A gentle troll round was what was reported !
......Glad he didn't try hard then !
(You've been grassed-up Andrew)
BD

Attachments

• 63488-goodwoodGTD220805112.jpg
    63488-goodwoodGTD220805112.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 280

Malcolm

Supporter
Thanks Dave and team for a great day. Shame about the weather but I still got about 50 laps in as the pit lane was quite empty for a lot of the time so I had a ball. As the picture above shows the name of the game was holding power slides out the chicance for as long as possible. A real hoot.

Well, Mike and I had a great day and were out on the track most of the day only stopping to change drivers.

We refused to let the rain bother us, although most of the water from the flood in the road just outside the circuit on the way home seemed to find its way into my footwell!

Thanks to all who organised the day.

You should have great fun guys ! i like these hard conditions ! Especially with the 40.
I was thinking beeing the only one suffering of leakages on the top of the doors, it seems not !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back