New Gulf Decals

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi All, As part of our work on Johns 1076 we've had new winged Gulf logos commissioned. There are right and left versions, one for each side and both go on the rear (yes I know I'm holding up the left side decal!).

The decals are available now and are printed on 3M Film white a UV protective top coating laminated on. Should last a long long time.

We will also have the regular Gulf logo done in several sizes with the same materials.

I really like the laminated decals since they are unaffected by wax or polish or solvents like bug and tar remover, had a bad experience with that one...

Cool eh?

Attachments

• 56701-NewDecals3.jpg
    56701-NewDecals3.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 418
Ian, very, very nice work. I'm currently awaiting delivery of my GT40 (sorry, an RF not a CAV). I'm also looking to make a visual clone - but of 1075. Can you send me specific contact and pricing info for the gulf decals? If you don't want to post publicly, please send me a pm.

Regards,
Mitch D

Hello Ian, my KVA is in Gulf colours and I would also be interested in the price of the decals please. I didn't want to go overboard on all the different types but these look just the job! thanks
Murray

Ron Earp

Admin
You guys going to do all the other decals that make the car? Koni, Marschal, etc.? Lots of different ones but if you're going to do a few then a complete package would be excellent and really make the car stand out.

I've recently been having a lot of graphics done for race cars and I'm suprised at how easy it is to get a good vinyl cutter to do any of these. Just have a good scan of what you want, sizes needed, and they can generally do a fantastic job with static cling, adhesive, laminated, UV protected, etc.

The winged Gulf logos look really good. I have several original ones from 1969 which i use on my own cars.
As many of you know i am supported by Gulf Oil UK and i literally have hundreds of "genuine" Gulf roundels (different sizes) in stock for anyone to purchase if they care to visit and collect.It is just too fiddly and non profitable to post them and i have run out of hours in the day as it is.

Regards,

Graham @ GTA Racing.

Unfortunately, Fran still doesn't appear to have an e-mail address up and running which makes it harder from us folks on this side of the pond to contact him during our waking hours.

Back