NZ Kit for sale in NZ

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Hot-rods/auction-26259148.htm

Probably only of interest to New Zealanders. I do not know the owner and have no connection with this auction.

This is one of Phil Ware's former offerings. Basically they are a solid well designed kit IMO but there are some minor detail issues to deal with in some of the cars. There were about thirty GT40NZ kits sold in NZ I believe but only a few that I am aware of have made it to completion so far. No factory support now I think, but with this forum who needs it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Any reasonably handy NZer with access to the right gear should be able to complete a kit like this without too much trouble.

I have been fortunate enough to be able to use one of those thirty to take molds off for the two scratchbuilts that I and a friend are building for ourselves so am intimately conversant with what is required bodywork wise on some of these Phil Ware kits. Anyone wanting to know about potential pitfalls in this department is welcome to contact me . I have spent mega man hours on getting the body right on the one I have before taking the molds off! Will have all the molds finished in about another month. Been seven months hard spare time slog gettiing this far. Be good to finally get started on the real construction of my actual car,/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif that'll take another couple of years to complete /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I was speaking to Dave Harvey earlier this year and I believe he still has a few parts left for these kits. Nice bloke, very approachable, would probably be worth contacting if you were interested.

Regards

Back