Cream - Royal Albert Hall - London

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Cream's first night of four tonight - brilliant - after 37 years and better than ever. One big suprise was to me was the number of Americans who had just come over for the one night and just to see Cream - just amazing ! Everybody was totally bowled over at the best rock concert for years.

Absolutely brilliant! I remember seeing them a billion years ago in Glasgow when I was a student, don't remember them being so good then, or perhaps in those days my senses were clouded by recreational substances! Best show I've seen for many years.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Keith

Well I can't give you Cream but if any '40 guys in the South wants to see and hear some seminal music on June 18th in Lymington Hampshire, I can give you Nine Below Zero (Rory Gallaghers Band) and Pete Brown, who together with Jack Bruce wrote Creams best known hits such as White Room, Sunshine of your Life, I Feel Free etc. as well as David Knopfler of Dire Straits and Ian Segal from Bill Wymans Rythym Kings and many more. I am the Event Promoter and I'd be happy to offer free admission ( and a bevvy or two) to any '40 guys who want to attend. PM me for further details. Yes, I know it's Le Mans, but the show must go on. Rock on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 57007-FlyerSaturday1S.jpg
    57007-FlyerSaturday1S.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 236

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Keith,
Would love to attend.....small issue of a couple of thousand miles! I am surprised to hear that Jack Bruce is up and at it again, last I heard E.C. was quoted as saying that he would not help Jack until Jack helped himself (I guess Jack woundn't/couldn't attend E.C.'s treatment center in the islands)

I trace my current love of the Blues to Cream and the influence the blues had on them...even though I was too young and too "rock oriented" to realize it, they showed me what Mr. Johnson and Muddy had wrought.

Wish I could be there.....

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
And by the way, how many ***holes does it take to fill the Albert Hall? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
(AKA Blind Melon Chitlin....)

Keith,
Just as an aside my son Ben recently helped to produce Nine Below Zero's latest album. He works for the studio (Conk) owned by Ray Davies of Kinks fame. It brought back memories as my wife and I had seen the band live many years ago supporting Dr Feelgood...

Keith

Hey Rick! The offer still stands! At least you'd get the "Furthest Travelled" award, might even throw in a tent you could sleep in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
OOPS....Brain Fart! I meant to say "Ginger Baker, NOT Jack Bruce. I am unaware of any chemical issues with Mr. Bruce. Ginger on the other hand I understand has been a walking pharmacy.
Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
And thanks for the offer of the tent.....throw in a night at the Greenway in the Cotswolds, Cheltenham (stayed there twenty some years ago) and I might show up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Mark,
Sorry,Apparently Not. Just these four days in London and the last night will be another Goodbye. Tickets (if you can find any)are totally crazy prices now with centre front (Stalls) changing hands for £2000 plus. The newspapers here today mentioned some guys from the USA going to several performances this week and others who flew over in the hope of trying to buy a ticket. I didn't see anybody trading tickets to the ticket touts for money last night as I guess everybody there realised this was the last chance to see Cream this week.
Stranger things have happened though, and if they try and set up a date in the USA I'll probably get on the jumbo the other way.

Dave

News of the concert made the local paper way over here on the other side of the world (Herald-Sun Melbourne Australia). Not just a concert but a news worthy event /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Article mentioned that although the band members play music together, they don't necessarily talk to eachother /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Paul Walton sent me 2 emails re Cream at the RAH - both are self explanatory:
"Small world - 2 mates of mine are in the truck recording the show and I know the producer really well.
The tapes arrived late last night at the studio I'm at - they won't let me take a copy ! There will be a DVD released of it later on"

and the second

"It will be at least 6 months as they will spend a good 2 months sorting out the audio ,then there is the extra features to compile onto the disk. This all then needs to be authoured onto DVD and approved / get distribution. There will be a press time run up so reviews come out as it is released. My manager has gone tonight to see it (Lulu couldn't make it so her ticket became available !)"

On LBC radio today, tickets for last night (Friday) choice seats asking upwards of £3,000. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Dave M

Isn't just amazing how this forum produces the most incredible threads on almost any topic!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Can't believe Nine Below Zero are still going strong! I was an avid fan in the 80's & went to most of their gigs in & around London. Last saw them at Accacia Hall in Dartford about 8 years ago, just as good then as they were in the 80's.
Infact I can probably dedicate my 1st "good kicking" to them after being cornered by a gang of drunken skin heads in the Hammersmith Underground before their gig at the Hammersmith Odeon. Ah memories!!!

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Jasper,

Isn't that the truth! I am equally amazed that Ginger Baker is still alive! He didn't look too healthy back in the '70s when they were my little brother's favorite band. Myself, Led Zepplin had me the very first time I heard 'Dazed and Confused' circa '69. But, I must admit Cream weren't half bad either. What ever happened to John Mayall's Blues Breakers? I still can't get the best unless I have room to move :)

Regards,
Lynn

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
What ever happened to John Mayall's Blues Breakers?
Still touring at 72 yrs old. The best blues/rock musician academy ever - many of the best IMHO were part of Blues Breakers at some time. Room to move - a classic !

Keith

Paul, come on down and return the favour! You're not too far away and you can always tape Le Mans. I dunnno how they do it either, but I assure you, they still look like this....

Attachments

• 57129-nbz2s.jpg
    57129-nbz2s.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 227
Back